The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

This Doesn't Look That Bad

2015 Panini Prizm Starling Marte Auto /10

For a non licensed card this looks pretty good. The all black Bucco uniforms work pretty well when showcasing the player in his hitting stance. The obvious issue is the helmet, but at least it is black. 

I'm one of the few people in the blogosphere that like Prizm. The checklists are always solid and the price point is very affordable. In the 2015 version they added more on card autos which was nice. I added this Marte for around $13 which was a nice deal considering the card is numbered /10. 

On a side note I was happy to see the Blue Jays win today. I'm pulling for them as I think they would make for a more entertaining world series. I don't really care what happens in the NL as either team would make for an intriguing matchup with the Blue Jays. I have nothing against the Royals, I think deep down I'm just hoping for more Bautista bat flips.....

18 comments:

  1. It does look good, especially with the gold. I like Prizm too need to some more of the autos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Search the 2015 versions. They are much nicer than the previous 2 years.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a sharp looking card. I love all the gold.
    I've been meaning to add a Jorge Soler auto to my collection. If you can get a Marte #/10 for that price, then maybe I can find a decent Soler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably a decent time to buy Soler cards. Any Panini product will save you a few bucks from Topps. You should also check to see if he is in Diamond Kings.

      Delete
  3. Looks good to me, and a very good player plus low number! I don't mind unlicensed cards especially when they at least catch other features like jersey numbers .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get caught up in the license stuff too much. Probably because I'm not much of a set collector.

      Delete
  4. The gold in the background really matches the Marte and works wonderfully.
    I like Prizm, Prizm Draft that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice grab! I always enjoy non-licensed stuff, especially as a player collector. Cheaper prices always helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%. When we do our box breaks I often choose Panini because of the value. You just get more bang for your buck.

      Delete
  6. Boooooo Prizm Booooo. then again, I did get you another version of the Marte, and I have to admit it looks kinda nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you did. You love PANINI!!!! Let it out Kevin. "I Love PANINI" It feels good to say it.

      Delete
  7. Do they all feature team colors or is this a "yellow / gold" parallel?

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are great looking cards from Panini. I've been picking up the tye dye auto issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've noticed the tye dye autos. I knew their was the tye dye parallels. Mind blown!

      Delete