The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Breaking the Ice

I'm always excited to break the trading ice with another blogger. This is one I wasn't sure would happen since Billy from Cardboard History is a basketball guy.  Thankfully he surprised a with few Buccos so this will allow me to send him some random basketball cards I have at BWTP headquarters.


 This is a heck of way to get things going.  We are going to be great friends Billy. Vintage Maz is never a bad thing.
 I'm always on alert for new Cole cards. This is a sharp looking card!

 Reprints of rookies that are not old to begin with are kind of strange, but I'll never complain about a new Cutch card.
Round thing out with a trifecta of Pirate legends. For whatever reason Panini always has a nice selection of both Waner brothers while Topps rarely produces much of either. Just another reason why I always mention Panini for the unique checklists.

I miss Upper Deck baseball

Thanks for the nice surprise Billy.  I'll hit you back soon.




8 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with Maz! I picked up that '59 Maz at a card show around the time I started my blog and it's been one of the centerpieces of my Pirates binder ever since, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy comes out of the gates fast with his trades - he blew me away the first time we dealt too. Also, sentiments definitely echoed on Panini getting a little deeper with their checklists. Trade off for not having a license, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The checklists are almost always better in Panini products. While it helps it still doesn't make up for the licensing. You have to have the perfect mix of checklists, price point and photo usage. The Cooperstown sets are the closest to meeting all three.

      Delete
  3. Glad you like them! I've had that Cole set aside for you for months but just rounded the others up in January. Sorry the Maz is so rough but when I saw a 59 I had to grab it for you. Hopefully my local dealer will restock so I can send you more stuff in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with vintage having a little "age" on it.

      Delete
  4. Billy sent Bill! Vintage is always a good thang!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you are the one being considered "vintage."....

      Delete