The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, February 25, 2017

YAY!!!!

I think I have about 9000 variations of this card, but I still get excited when I find a new one.  For obvious reasons this one is extra special.



2006 Donruss Diamond Kings Jason Bay Dual Relic 1/1

The fun thing about collecting a lot of players that lack big time appeal on the secondary market is that you can chase cards like this and not worry about the price. Most Bay 1/1's these days will cost you in the $10-$20 range.  I would happily sacrifice a blaster for a card like this. 

Bay at one time had a lot of hobby interest when he broke out as a Pirate and was traded to the Red Sox. Unfortunately his big free deal to the Mets was dominated by injury and his career faded fast. For me he will always be a top target for my collection as he continues to be number one on my eBay search list. 

Long live Jason Bay! 

Looking forward to the Pens/Flyers outdoor game tonight.  Go Pens! 

Thanks for reading. 




19 comments:

  1. For whatever reason I've made it a conscious decision to not chase 1/1's. I don't even consider them when looking at collections. Just for the fact that finding one I want/need is next to none.. lol

    All that said, Nice Jason Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to have, but I don't really actively chase either. It is more just bargain hunting and getting lucky.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I wanted to get you that very card for a while but I think the price was never very good. I can see what you bought it for and I think you did quite well, especially landing something so nice of a big PC guy, so congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of these 1/1's from this set were on ridiculous BIN's for years. Nice to see them hit auction.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you bayed a good price for it.

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True 1/1s are always great. When they come at a good price, even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah....I don't chase new 1/1's. Price has to be right.

      Delete
  5. Love it! Always fun to catch a 1/1 for your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I was really happy to find it at a good price.

      Delete
  6. 1/1s on the cheap are the Bayst! Great find!

    ReplyDelete