The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

One Pack Surprise

This is the best time of year for baseball card collectors! It is always fun to see all the 2017 Topps packs being opened and the discussion that follows. I myself didn't have the desire to run to Walmart/Target for a box so I settled for one of my rainy day packs. 

In my office I have a stack of random packs ranging from junk wax to present day Bowman. Most of these were given to me by JBF.  Today I chose 2016 Gypsy Queen.

 A Pirate to start things off!


 We need more active Indians collectors.

 Run of the mill mini.
 Have you ever seen Zach Davies pitch? He weighs about 12lbs and throws incredibly slow.  All his success is based on a really good change up.

To my surprise the pack yielded a nice auto.
As a Pirate fan I don't like much about the St. Louis Cardinals, but it is nice to have a little success in a 6 card pack. What makes this even funnier is that this is the only pack of 2016 Gypsy Queen I opened.  I think I'll retire from opening anymore.

Keep the 2017 Topps posts coming.  I'm really enjoying them.  


13 comments:

  1. I probably have more Indians cards than any other team. I guess they are still my favorite team...but I rarely watch any baseball these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to unload some Indians cards, I would be happy to take them off your hands. I am a huge Indians fan and collector!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Especially out of some random pack with only 6 cards in it.

      Delete
  3. I'll gladly take any unwanted Indians cards off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind blown. Be careful what you ask for my friend :)

      Delete
  4. If you have enough Indians to share between the commentor and myself, I would be happy to take some off your hands. As you know, I am a huge Indians fan and collector!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the self control...it's nice to have a pack or two laying around for a rainy day, especially when that pack has a nice auto hit...regardless of the team i guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a big pack buster in the early to mid 2000's, but now that my collection has narrowed I've cut back considerably. I probably bust 5 boxes a year now.

      Delete