The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Keeping My Kuhl

So much happening at BWTP headquarters, so little time to enjoy it. I have had one of my better weeks accumulating trade bait since I've started my blog.  That is why I love holding contests. It gets me motivated to send out cards to people. I also finally hit send on a large COMC and Just Commons order.  Hopefully a bunch of trades and my contest packages get out the door this weekend!

Along with all this trade bait has been a nice run of incoming trade packages. Zippy, Ptown Tom, Rob and Kin your packages have arrived safe and sound.

Here is a quick preview of something unique that I've been working on with a few other bloggers.

These aren't just any beers, they are BEER TRADES!!!!!  I'll go in more detail after I actually consume these, but a couple of my craft drinking pals offered to send some local beer my way. They arrived today in great shape! I'll be sending a well curated list to each very soon.  Review posts in the coming weeks!

New card time.....

2016 Bowman Chrome Chad Kuhl Purple Auto /250

Kuhl flew under the radar in the Pirates system, but he was successful at every level he pitched. He was drafted in the 9th round so he is just now starting to receive some cardboard love. His Bowman Chrome rookie comes after he already made his MLB debut last season. 

Kuhl looks to have the inside track for a rotation spot. Only Cole, Nova and Taillon are guarantees so as it stands he looks to be the next guy in line.  Easy to root for guys that didn't start out with major prospect pedigree. 

This auto set me back just under $10 which I thought was reasonable for a color parallel out of Chrome. 

Thanks for reading! 

18 comments:

  1. Cool card (pun intended)
    I like our rotation this year. I am hoping that Trevor Williams moves to the pen. I have a feelingthat he can be a shutdown reliever for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he does - I prospected him when he was with the Marlins and I have a whole pile of autos and low#d parallels.

      Delete
    2. I'm surprised Jared Hughes gets as much slack as he does. Hard to imagine Williams being worse than Hughes.

      Delete
    3. Chris: For you sake I hope he turns into Kershaw :)

      Delete
  2. This card makes Bowman look good! very colorful! How difficult is it to pack and ship beer? I wonder how well it travels - shaken, dropped, etc possibly popping the cans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This first shipment was just cans so it doesn't seem like an issue. Lots of bubble wrap and freezer bags is the key. I'll stand them upright for a day or two to make sure they don't explode when I open them.

      I've brought back bottles in checked luggage before. The key is cushioning the cap area so it doesn't come loose. Haven't lost one yet. The security blanket is always a freezer bag in case something does spill.

      Richard, I'm sure sure about border rules when shipping beer. I know their are a few online beer stores based out of Belgium. I'm guessing the rules would be similar That leftfieldbrewery looks fun!

      Delete
  3. I love the color parallel autos from Bowman.
    Okay, if only three rotation spots are locks... what is your take on Glasnow snagging one of them? My fantasy draft is coming up soon and I'd like to draft him if you think he's got a shot at starting in the Bigs come April. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glasnow is the future, but I would be really surprised if he breaks camp. If he pitches well the first couple months of AAA I imagine he will be up in June. His ceiling is through the roof but he didn't show much command in a small sample size last year. Obviously injuries change everything, but right now I would say he will not break camp.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the insider information. I'll probably take a late round flyer on him if I can afford to stash him for a couple of months.

      Delete
    3. If you have a big roster pool it would probably help. Hard to stash guys in my league. By the time May rolls around you should have a pretty good idea if he will make the June cut.

      Delete
  4. mmm...beeer... mmm...tall boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did quality control on one last year. It passed!

      Delete
  5. Agree on the color. It looks great. Feel free to send him to the Yankees for Austin Romine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you guys will be just fine with the prospect you have. All your catchers will eventually be traded to the Pirates as salary dumps or roster crunches. You don't get any our good players. We might be able to dig up Xavier Nady again....

      Delete
  6. I am working on getting some cards around to send your way. Any of those trade packages have my name on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite yet. Still haven't made it down all my list. Look forward to the return package!

      Delete
  7. Hooray purple! ...oh, and beer. Beer is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those packages in the first picture has a ton of cards for you!!!! You want lists are going to take a beating.

      Delete