The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Rob With the Assist

A couple weeks back Rob who runs the Collecting 1982 Topps blog shot me a message on Twitter that he had some extra 2017 Series 1 Pirates.  In case you don't know Rob, he is a big Baltimore Orioles fan. Follow his blog and start trading with him!

The weirdest aspect of 2017 Topps in terms of Buccos is that Cutch wasn't in the base set. Of course in today's collecting environment that doesn't really mean much because he is represented in several other inserts within the set. Rob was nice enough to send me the 87!!!

 Pretty sharp looking card!
 Series one featured two rookie releases in Josh Bell and Tyler Glasnow. Bell is expected to be the everyday first baseman.  The biggest worry with Bell is his defense as he looked very shaky. If he can hold his own the sky is the limit as his hit tool is very advanced.

 With the injury to Alex Reyes of the Cardinals you can make the argument that Glasnow is the best MLB ready pitching prospect.  With that being said he is far from a sure thing.  Command is a big issue with Glasnow and will likely be what stands between him being a top flight starter or a power reliever. The Buccos will give him every opportunity to reach his ceiling.

 Helmet tipping cards!
 Matt Joyce and Neftali Feliz are already gone.

My favorite Bucco card from Series One. Definitely a unique shot of Polanco.

Thanks for hooking me up with some great cards Rob.  I'll be sure to hit you back soon with some Orioles.

Thanks for reading! .

11 comments:

  1. If you decide you need a second 87 Cutch refractor let me know. Getting a bit slower with age, I had one put aside for you. ;) I like the Cervelli and added it to my catcher collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use that 87 Cutch. I have the blue, green, orange, and gold but not the base.

      Delete
    2. no base? ;) that is kinda funny! email your address and I will send it to you. acrackedbat at gmail dot com. I don't think Matt will mind. :)

      Delete
    3. Haha.....pilfering off my own blog. Only right the Cutch goes to the biggest Cutch collector I know.

      Delete
    4. Don't you dare do that if someone is offering me a 90's parallel of Al Martin!

      Delete
    5. I have a massive stack of cards ready for you.

      Delete
  2. Photos like the Cervelli convince me that Panini has completely missed the boat by not putting out a catchers-only set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would sooooooooo buy that product!

      Delete
    2. It is something I've talked about a lot. You could you have catchers cards and players in non uniform scenarios. Awards shows, rookie showcases etc.....

      Delete
  3. When I saw McCutchen wasn't in Series 1 I felt that was an indication that Topps thought he was going to be traded and wanted to me the first to issue a card of him in his new uniform when Series 2 was released. The Polanco card is sweet. I kind of feel embarrasssed for "unnecessarily-leaning-away-from-the-ball-guy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't mind when guys like Cutch are given a break from one of the sets, but when it is in favor of 25 cards of David Ortiz I get a little mad.

      Delete