The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Look at Trinity


Not that Trinity.


2014 Leaf Trinity is a set based around autographs of prospects. The set has 3 different type of cards. You will either get a patch auto, inscribed auto or plexi-glass auto. This is a type of product that I would never open, but love to buy on the secondary market. It is a great way to get some nice on card autos of prospects for a much cheaper price then some of the Topps/Bowman products.

This years set featured both of the first round picks of the Pirates this past year Cole Tucker (picked 24th) and Connor Joe (39th). I've been buying a lot of cards of each lately as prices have been very affordable. As you will see I've went a little overboard with adding some cards from Trinity, but it will showcase all the auto types I referenced above.  While the pictures are pretty plain, the autos are very bright and on card!









I think my favorite is the acetate card of Cole Tucker. It is one of those cards that a scan doesn't really capture the essence of the card.  It looks really nice!

If you are a prospect collector take a look at Trinity.  You might be able to find a really nice card for under $10. The printing plate was the most expensive card out of this group, costing around $15-20. 

Thanks for reading!


14 comments:

  1. Awesome pickups. I see that the prices on these have fallen a little compared to last year's set and they're a bit easier to acquire. Probably because people are skeptical of the legitimacy of those patches (which were allegedly just worn when the player was signing the cards and later torn up).

    Torrens only has a plexi-glass auto in this set (thank you Based God).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pirates were much cheaper this, but that is mainly due to Tucker and Joe not being as highly thought of as guys like Meadows and Polanco.

      Delete
  2. Those are real nice. I'm especially a fan of the plexiglass cards but the patches look very nice and I'd love it if one of my guys had an inscription card too. Sounds like the prices make sense even. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the top names are not outrageous. The plexiglass is by far my favorite too. They are well done.

      Delete
  3. I was actually looking at some of those on Ebay for you, but since I know nothing about prospects, I was a little bit lost. I think they look really nice though, and the patches are impressive !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me Kevin. Prospects are hard to buy in general. You never know if you are getting a good deal. You just hope the guys turn out.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I need to see if I can find you some Sox!

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of the set. Feels very different, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You posted yours right when I got mine off of eBay. I'm a huge fan.

      Delete
  6. I grabbed a few of these too. I'll be showing mine off next month some time. I got a great Austin Meadows auto/patch for under $15 too. I just wish I had grabbed more of Glasnow from last year's set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to get this years version of Meadows. I've been loading up on Tucker and Joe. Glasnow is holding his value pretty well. Pretty hard not to be excited about him

      Delete
  7. Hell. Yes.

    Admittedly, I came here looking for a particular post, and this is it.

    Leaf Trinity killing it in a Pirate-worthy way!

    Congrats on all these pieces! Great, great cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last few years the Pirates had expensive high end picks that were hard to accumulate. Tucker and Joe are much more affordable which has allowed me to go crazy. I love the letter patches the best.

      Delete