The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Box Break: 2014 Bowman Chrome

This Christmas I received several boxes of cards from family and friends. Over the course of the next week I'll share the results of the breaks.

The first box I opened was 2014 Bowman Chrome in which my parents purchased for me. It seems a little odd that I'm 32 years old and my mom still buys me cards like I'm 10, but hey I'm not going to complain. She also surprised me with the Gregory Polanco autograph jersey so in terms of my collection this has been one of the best years that I can remember.

I use to avoid Chrome as for years the Pirate minor league system was void of talent. Now they are considered one of the best systems in baseball so they are normally represented well in the prospect oriented sets. Here are some of the highlights of the box.


A mix of the Pirates that are in this years set.

2013 6th round pick for the Rockies Dom Nunez. Supposedly he is a really good athlete who the Rockies are thinking about turning into a catcher.
 Some random inserts. I always feel a little side when I see a Tavares card pop up. Tragic stuff.
 Kean Wong /500.
 The d'Arnaud is /250.
This continues my nice run of hitting good Pirate cards in boxes. Harold Ramirez is a high end prospect for the Pirates. This is numbered to /50! With Chrome you are always want to pull the numbered rookie refractors so it was a nice surprise that my lowest numbered card was a Pirate.
Mr. Rodriguez has an interesting auto to say the least.....

This years Bowman Chrome is a cheap bust that guarantees two autos. It is a product that in most instances will not yield any true value until a few years after you open. I was happy to pull some Pirates including the Harold Ramirez so it was a win for me. Extra bonus was that I didn't even have to pay for the box! Let me know if you are interested in any of the non Pirates.

Thanks for reading.

12 comments:

  1. I'm diggin' that Darnaud!I'm currently wanting a Degrom from this set as well.Nice pulls ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me your address when you get a chance.

      mattscott82@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Do you have any of the Dodger base cards from this set? I am really behind on 2014 cards. Please let me know and maybe we can start a trade. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This box only yielded two....Dan Haren and Brandon Dixon. They are yours if you want them.

      Delete
  3. Nice break, I know a guy who could use that Luigi so if nobody else claims him I'd like to trade for it on their behalf. He's basically seen as a speed demon without a lot of hitting prowess and passable defense that pretty much relegates him to a pinch runner in the majors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send it your way. I did some reading on him as well. Seems like his legs are the only way he'll make it to the majors, but his prospect status seems to be going the wrong way.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Anthony Ranaudo
      Manuel Margot
      Teddy Stankiewicz

      Pretty light on the Red Sox this year. I think the Pirates had at least 5 prospect autos.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Tony! Cards are always a nice gift. One time a year I get to really binge and open cards.

      Delete
  6. I'm interested in the Almora/Stephenson, Ventura mini, and any other Cubbies, if there were any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cards you mentioned are yours! I'll check on other Cubs.

      Delete