The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Routine Changes

I think yesterday was the first time I've ever missed posting on a Monday. My normal posting schedule is always based around my daughter. Once my wife and I get her to sleep for the night I'll hit the computer and type something up.

This week my little one has a sinus infection. It is really not effecting her day time routine, but at night it gets a little rough. With all the sinus drainage she really can't be on her back or else she coughs and cries all night. Needless to say I've had a little one attached to me the last few nights, thus no night time posts.  So here is a rare daytime post!

2007 Ultimate Collection Jason Bay/Carlos Zambrano Dual Auto /38

A few days back I mentioned it was hard to be surprised when the majority of you collection is built through eBay.  To me the only surprises were finding cards you didn't know existed or one that has been elusive for a long time. 

This dual falls under the elusive category.  I would venture to say no Pirate is represented more in my collection than Bay. For the longest time he was the only Pirate having cards made on a regular basis. So needless to say a lot of my focus went to adding as many of his cards as I could.

I've seen this Bay/Zambrano numerous times over the years, but could never seal the deal. I guess patience and persistence paid off because a few weeks back the card showed up on eBay and I won the auction for a shade below $10.  It had been a while since I added a new Bay auto so I was excited.

Thanks for reading a daytime edition!



14 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about that crazy Zambrano. Cool card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stadium Club should make an action shot of him destroying a water cooler. That is how I remember Zambrano. He was/is insane.

      Delete
  2. Nice card of two pretty good hitters (for a while).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zambrano could hit. He hit a few homeruns against the Pirates back in the day. Pretty dominant pitcher for about 5 years too.

      Delete
  3. Oh, so that's who outbid me! It's an awesome card, and a fantastic set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha....I know I have had bidding wars with Pirates Treasure Room on some stuff without knowing it. Sorry to outbid you. If only we can figure a way to let other bloggers know we are going for a certain card.

      Bay had a ton of Ultimate Collection stuff. I really liked the combos with him and Holliday.

      Delete
    2. No worries - I think I was outbid 3 or 4 bids before the final price. Unless it's a Jack, I've been pretty stingy in my bidding lately. I'm happy a Pirates collector got it.

      It's funny to see how often I run into the same bidders. That y****l guy literally bids on just about Pirate auction I've won over the past 3-4 years.

      Delete
    3. I was happy to see it under $10. Much more than that and I would have stopped.

      One of these days you need to head to Morgantown for some in person trading!

      Delete
    4. What have we gone up against each other on? Sorry if I sniped you.

      Dual autos of Bay are some of my favorite cards to add to the collection. You got this cheaper than I got mine so patience paid off buddy.

      Delete
    5. No need to apologize. The two cards I remember most that you won and that I bid on was the Marlon Byrd 1/1 and the "Grilled Cheese" Grilli 1/1. I don't think you sniped me on any of those. I had a certain amount in mind that I was willing to pay and lost out. Just glad to see them go to someone who appreciates them.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your little one.Been there :( I really wanted Bay to do well In NY but It never happened.One thing remained a constant ,he always gave 100 %.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish he could have stayed in Boston. That park was built for his style of play. He had a great year and a half there. I feel bad that the Mets got no value out of his deal, but happy to see him cash in big one time in his career.

      Delete
    2. Was hoping he'd do alright as a mets fan but didn't like the layout of citi field for him. Fenway was built for him

      Delete
    3. He was a line drive hitter and not a very good defender. Fenway was perfect for catering to each of those aspects.

      Delete