The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Trade: Jaybarkerfan's Junk

Wes may be on a hiatus blogging, but still is spreading card cheer over the blogosphere. As you all know Wes is known for his crazy packages where he stocks envelopes full of cards that fit each bloggers collecting habits. I've sent several packages back to Wes trying to even the score, but he hits back each time with a harder blow. Its a fun challenge trying to swap on a regular basis with a crazy man.

Here is the latest sample of Pirate and WVU goodness.


I've said it before, but looking at the Masterpieces set really makes me miss Upper Deck. I love these cards and I'm always pumped when they are included in a trade.
Owen Schmitt is a legend int Morgantown. He is part owner of a bar that gets a lot of national touring rock bands in Morgantown.



A nice trio of low numbered Mountaineers. The Myles is /30!

Adam Laroche had decent numbers as a Pirate, but they were about as useless as could be. He was a notorious slow starter during his tenure in which he would pile up the majority of his counting stats when the Buccos were already out of the race. He has done a nice job in Washington where he didn't have to be the "star." I wonder if the White Sox will get Pittsburgh Adam or Nats Adam.

Beautiful auto of a college baseball and basketball hall of famer. Dick Groat was a very accomplished two sport athlete at Duke. He actually played one year of pro basketball before going to baseball full time.

 Look at this good looking fellow.
 Roberto's are always welcome in a trade package.
 As are Cobra's
 I don't know who Candace Hita is, but I don't care.  She seems nice.....
Awesome 1960 Mazeroski! 

Thanks for all the great cards Wes. This hit some of my favorite players and sets. I'm going to try my best to keep punching back with return packages. 

Thanks for reading.

16 comments:

  1. You can't stop Wes, you can only hope to get even with him. But in reality, that's an exercise in futility. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have fun trying to one up him, but I'm pretty sure it is impossible.

      Delete
  2. "I've sent several packages back to Wes trying to even the score, but he hits back each time with a harder blow."

    It's pretty useless. Basically you treat Wes like you treat your house when it's swept away in an avalanche - find something to hang on to and wait for it to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of Pittsburgh (I assume) on that LaRoache relic is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the view from the stadium. Hard to top PNC park with that backdrop.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I was surprised to see that one. It is a nice addition.

      Delete
  5. I don't care who Candace Hita is either...but that's all I remember about your post. Did you have other cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to keep it lower in the post so people could at least see a few other cards. I guess your mind wonders when you see her and all is forgotten....

      Delete
  6. how cool to be chosen as recipient of cards from the Legend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun. He contacted me not longer after I started blogging and we have been swapping like crazy since. I enjoy the challenge of trying to keep up with him.

      Delete