The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Box Break: 2014 Update


My buddy Micah who helps out with the blog when I'm away hooked me up with a box of 2014 Update for Christmas. It was an awesome surprise! I returned the favor with a throwback box of Bowman Heritage which should be a fun break for him once we get together again.

Obviously a bunch has already been said about Update so no need for me to spout off too much. As a Pirates collector Update has been more enjoyable the last few years as the Buccos have been better represented with All Stars and impact rookies. The extra bonus from Micah's box is that I actually pulled an auto and a nice Josh Harrison gold.

Lots of pictures.....



 The Sizemore is numbered 63/63.  eBay 1 of 1!!!!!!!!!!! I laugh every time I see that.









I just assumed this card was a relic when I opened the pack. Once I turned the card around I was surprised to see the auto. Alcantara is an interesting prospect. He is very versatile so no matter what the Cubs situation is he will find at bats either way.

Another fun break that yielded some cool cards. As always let me know if you want to trade for anything.

Thanks for reading!

19 comments:

  1. Sweet break Matt. This Cubbie is suppose be a fairly good player-let's hope note for the Central's sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cubs are going to be exciting to watch. Even if only a couple of the prospects pan out they will be in good shape. I'm excited for Kris Bryant.

      Delete
  2. That was quite a Cubs-centric box! I think Alcantara is going to be a solid player for the North Siders in the years to come.

    Also, Matt, if you wouldn't mind, could you set aside the John Baker gold, Altuve gold, and Randy Wolf red foil parallels for me? I'd love to set up another trade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m interested in the Jeter. Please email me at caitlinjennings64@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll start a pile for you Caitlin.

      Delete
    2. No problem. I'll get it to you once we can accumulate a little more stuff for a complete package.

      Delete
  4. I MUST track down a 1976 Tito Fuentes ASAP. The Tito headband is one of the greatest accessories I have ever seen on a card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always double take when I pull those cards. Did you want this Fuentes?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'll hold it for you Mark. I just sealed up a mailer for you. This will start the stack of the next one.

      PS. I have a really good Betts card that maybe you and I can work out a deal on!

      Delete
  6. Some nice cards in that box. My favorites are the World Series Heroes.

    Sorry to add an ATTBAT pimp, but...for some unknown reason, my blog is not updating on anybody's blogrolls, so please be sure to stop by ATBATT and check out my latest blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking that gold Wainwright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm liking the gold dee, gold arruebarrena, and the mini hanley. all former dodgers if arruebarrena is claimed after being dfa'd. still, they'd look nice in my collection. also interested in the tito if hiflew passes. i recently decided to collect all of the second basemen from 1976 topps due to the dp turn by the positional players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I'll check with Hiflew, on the Tito, but everything else is yours.

      Delete