The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Vintage, Vintage and More Vintage

Whenever I receive cards from Mark Hoyle it has always followed the same protocol. It would be a bunch of awesome vintage in a well packaged PWE. This time around Mark threw me a curve and sent a bubble mailer filled with all kinds of goodness. Lately we both have been swinging for the fences sending each other big names. This time around was no different...
Start off with a bang. 67 Topps featuring Pops and Donn Clendenon. Awesome card that is in great shape.

The archetype of the modern closer. Elroy Face is still going strong today. 

 My favorite card of the bunch. 59 Mazeroski!!!! Thanks for sending this one my way Mark.

I've received a few of these old Topps gaming cards. I know Night Owl has talked about them a few times as well.


Mark has sent several 66's my way since I started the blog. I think the Veale might be one of my favorites.



I believe this is my first Sunoco card. Always fun to receive an oddball. Pretty cool they utilized the 94 Fleer card.

Jumbo 86 Tony Pena. The Pirates trade of Pena helped turn the early 90's Pirates into a powerhouse as it netted Van Slyke and Mike Spanky Lavallaire.


A nice mix of Swell, Sporting News and Ted Williams cards.

We end with the legend.

As always Mark thanks for the cards. I really look forward to our constant swaps. I'll try to think of something creative to send back your way.

Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome bunch of vintage from a great trader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark has supplied me with a whole folder of vintage since I started the blog.

      Delete
  2. I love that 60's World Series subset. Been trying to collect those myself.
    And you can't go wrong with Maz.
    Great batch from Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1968 Topps Game is so cool. I built the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool you finished that set! I bet that looks awesome in a binder all together.

      Delete
  4. That's some hat on that "Winners Celebrate" card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you walk around on campus with a hat like that.....Don't lie.

      Delete
  5. Great stuff. Terrible colorization job on the Honus Wagner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keith Hernandez and Gary Cohen sometimes bring up Clendenon during Met broadcasts.I think he may have been a Met at some point In his career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was on the 69 team. Had a great World Series

      Delete