The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, May 7, 2015

A 1970's Flasback

After striking out on almost everything eBay related in March and most of April, I've started to win some auctions. As I've said before, I really haven't been chasing much in 2015 so my focus has been on the early 2000's. This time around I was able to nab this card which is full of star power.

2001 UD Decade Bench/Garvey/Stargell/Foster Bat Card

I rarely buy relic cards on eBay, but this one caught my attention. I have several of the single relics, but this is my first quad from this set. If I recall this set was more of a retail oriented set, but I may be messing that up with something else. 

This card cost me $16.50 shipped which is a little on the steep side for a relic purchase, but according to the odds these fell about 1:400 packs. You would figure they could find a color photo of Foster instead of making it look like he played in 1890. Other than that this card has a nice vibrant look. 

Hope everybody is enjoying some nice weather. 85 and sunny in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for reading.


8 comments:

  1. Four great players, very nice quad relic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That card doesn't pop up much on auction so I was happy to grab it.

      Delete
  2. Nice pickup. I've been slowly building the 2001 UD Decade relic sets. Love the brightly colored design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely stand out. Good luck with the set!

      Delete
  3. Great card. I think it'd look even better as 4 separate minis!

    ReplyDelete