The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Top Play and a Great Deal

I went to the WVU baseball game against Pitt last night. The Mountaineers took the loss, but we made the top play on SportsCenter.
That was quite the catch!



Views from my seat. 

It was a beautiful night for a game. Perfect temps and a nice crowd of over 3,000. That number is pretty impressive as the spring semester ended last week so many students have went home for summer vacation. The new stadium seems to be a hit. In about a month the Black Bears will begin play!

Now for a new card!

2014 Immaculate Collection Cole/Ryu Dual Patch /10

One of these popped up last month in which I proceeded to be outbid at the last second. I was pissed because the final selling price was around $13 which seemed like a pretty good deal considering the rarity and the set. Losing the card proved to be a blessing as the one pictured sold for a whopping $4.25!

I went back to try and see if the card was listed poorly, but other than not mentioning "patches" it seemed like a decent description. In the long run if you buy enough cards off of eBay, you are bound to have some fall in your lap. 

On a side note every time I see Ryu I automatically think of Street Fighter.

HADOUKEN!

He should yell that when he pitches. 

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He had a full head of steam when he dove. Crazy play....one of the better ones I've seen in person.

      Delete
  2. 3,000 for a college baseball game? That is a great turnout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing that so many people are coming out. Lot's of young kids too. Good stuff.

      Delete
  3. 3,000 people? That's more than my Oakland Athletics command during the week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great seats...will have to see if I can catch a game when Im out there. I just wish to see Ryu on a mound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like the Black Bears are home Aug 3rd-8th.

      Delete