The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Julie's Got my Back

The best part of blogging are the bonds you develop with fellow bloggers even without meeting in person. It is always nice to know that other people are looking out for your collection. Everyday when scrolling the blogroll you see trade posts featuring cards found for other people by visiting a card show, opening a box or finding a good deal online. The card blogosphere is full of some of the most generous people you will ever meet.

I know if I pull a good non-Pirate I immediately think of another blogger who might enjoy that card. If I'm searching eBay and buy a Pirate card I always look at the sellers other items to see if I can find good cards for other people since I can get significant savings through combined shipping.  Blogging changed my whole mentality of how I collect.

This brings in Julie from A Cracked Bat. Julie and I trade all the time, but this time she hit me up with one card pwe.

You can't go wrong with McCutchen! Julie sent along a note apologizing that she couldn't find a better swatch, but I don't think those exist in Opening Day. Sometimes you are just lucky to get a jersey as the Jeter in last years set was a bat relic. Just pulling a game used relic or auto out of OD is a win.

Julie, I think I may have you pick my next box. You did so well with your Diamond Kings box plus you broke the odds with Opening Day by pulling the Cutch. What's your secret? In all seriousness thank you for keeping me in mind. I'll be sure to send you something once you get situated after the big move.

On a side note I'll be attending the baseball version of the Backyard Brawl tonight as WVU hosts Pitt. I know both schools are trying hard to get back to playing regularly in football and basketball, but for now this will have to do. Conference realignment screwed us out of playing traditional rivals like Pitt and Virginia Tech. Tech is getting back on the schedule in a couple of years, but no word on Pitt. This was not a friendly rivalry...








10 comments:

  1. You seem to have every Pirate card but I'm going to a card show Saturday and will keep an eye out. Got some 15 Bowman Pirates with your name on em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You and I need to swap soon anyway.

      Delete
    2. Send me an email at jeffreymatthewjones (at) gmail DOT com

      I have a package to send you Monday.

      Delete
  2. Very cool card and Julie is an awesome blogging and trading partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That she is. She always seems to accumulate great cards to spread around the blogosphere.

      Delete
  3. Out of context the photos are sending me mixed messages. It looks like you're a Pirates fan who hates Pittsburgh in general (although I've heard that's common).

    Awesome card though :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just the nature of going to school at WVU. You are required to hate the school 70 miles north.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the kind words! Once unpacked and settled in, I'm going to send more pwe's around this special little world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the cards. I've been trying to accumulate some Tigers for you.

      Delete