The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Diamond Kings

With all the recent trades I haven't had much time to show cards I've purchased the last few weeks. This is a new mini that I've added to my collection.

2015 Diamond Kings Jameson Taillon Mini Patch /25

I rarely by jersey cards on eBay, but I will often pull the trigger on nice patches if the price is right. Normally I'm looking for some of the late 70's Pirates, but this popped up and caught my eye. It is a pretty big patch for the size of the card. Plus, I really like the new DK set. 

Taillon is always one of my regular eBay searches as his cards are very affordable. He was the 2nd overall pick in the loaded 2010 draft. Obviously the Pirates thought a lot of him as some of the notable guys picked after were Manny Machado, Matt Harvey and Chris Sale. 

After climbing the system it looked like Taillon would be making his debut at some point in 2013, but his arm gave out. Tommy John surgery caused him lose the entire 2013 season. While his rehab has reportedly been going great the Pirates are not rushing him. He may help the team in September, but 2015 is most likely the target. 

Thanks for reading. 

20 comments:

  1. Panini really did a great job with the DK set and I love that patch! Nice score for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it. At the very least you get good bang for you buck if you bust a box.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous patch! The DK stuff I've seen has been really pretty so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eBay sales seem to be really solid for this set too. Might be one of the few Panini sets that collectors are really going for.

      Delete
  3. I'm still on the fence about the Diamond Kings set...I am open to it, because I don't think I've seen one in person, but the lack of logos is troubling to me.

    That patch is sweet though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The logo thing is always troublesome, but I know that going in. If I can find value in a card that I still like I'm happy to pull the trigger.

      Delete
  4. I kind this set. I dkng necessarily look at it as old school DK, just a decent newer release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I look at it. Just a good value new set.

      Delete
  5. Darn it Matt, stop making me want to go chase awesome patch cards ;).

    Nice addition though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I don't think I'll have to worry about getting in a bidding war with you.

      I bought some Bowman at Target this weekend. Have you cherry picked most of the Yankees?

      Delete
  6. Great looking stuff and nice patch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still a lot of Pirates for me to chase in this set, but I was happy this was my first.

      Delete
  7. The patch more than makes up for a missing logo - do you think the Yellow chunk is part of his name plate, or number, or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a thick chunk so that may be part of a letter. Kevin and I will be opening a box of this stuff for our next break.

      Delete
    2. ooh - fun! Which one of you is taking the Twins?

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure who will have the AL on this one. I'm sure either way you will end up with them!

      Delete
    4. haha awesome. I'll be loading up on Pirates and Blue Jays to make sure to make it worth your (or Kevin's) while.

      Delete
    5. Sounds good. Maybe we'll hit something high end!

      Delete
  8. Great looking card. I pulled a non-patch mini from this product and the cards are tiny. Glad they were able to get a patch into that one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are super small. That is why I was surprised they added premium patches.

      Delete