The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Trade: Mark Hoyle

This has probably been the longest Mark and I have went without trading. He probably needed the time to tunnel out of 20 foot high snowdrifts and I needed time to recover from Hurricane JBF. Now that Spring is here and JBF is bombing Tony we can get back to our regular routine.

I love Sanguillen cards so I think this was my favorite of the bunch. I've been on a nice run lately adding him to my collection. This is a beautiful second year card of the former Pirate catcher.
It's a good thing Bill's Got IT! Catching is an essential aspect of the game. The catch seems to have Danny Murtaugh's approval. Nice timing as I posted a Virdon auto yesterday!
We should make blogger rookie cards like this.
Nice mix of 64's. More Murtaugh is always a good thing! It looks like Don Cardwell gets most of his height from his neck. He is part giraffe.
Three well known Pirate pitchers here with Law, Friend and Veale. Always easy to find a Veale card with the glasses.
Mark has hooked me up with a few Sporting News Rookie Stars cards over the past year. Also, Don Cardwell and his giant neck returns.
I always double take when I see a modern card from Mark. I haven't done anything with Gypsy Queen in 2015. Although I really like this card and the Starling Marte variation that features Cutch and Neil Walker.

Cutch has been in a huge slump to start out the year. Some say he is hurt, while he is claiming he has a mechanical flaw in his swing. I don't know what it is, but the Pirates just can't get off to fast starts.

Thanks for all the great cards Mark. I'm glad we can finally get going again. You should be getting a package in the mail tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You know you are in for good stuff when you see his name on a package.

      Delete
  2. Got your package yesterday. Thanks. The Cutch came from a few packs I won in a contest over at. Swing and a Pop up. I grabbed the Sox everything else will be headed off too others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My post office must have got extra help after my battle with JBF. All my mail seems to make it to every destination in 2 days no matter where in the US.

      Delete
  3. What a great collection of cards that Mark sent to you -- those are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark never disappoints. He sends top notch stuff all the time.

      Delete
  4. nothing tops vintage cardboard! great condition too! Mark's envelopes are always packed with surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark and I have a good thing going. I supply new and he supplies old. Perfect match!

      Delete
  5. Vintage from Mark never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete