The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Friendly Fire: Cards from JBF

Before things escalated out of control with JBF and I to the point where we were swapping game used bats and autographed books, more "normal" trading occurred. That seems like so long a go.

Well, this week I received a package from JBF that was "normal" sized. Was it a trap, perhaps the others were to big to get through the front door. After a little investigating it was in fact just one "normal" sized package. The memories of cardboard war are still fresh in my mind so I may just still be a little rattled. JBF has honored the Hazel Green/Morgantown cardboard treaty of 2015.

 Vintage football is always cool. JBF has hooked me up with a bunch of old football in our swaps.
 I talk about Gorzo a lot. He was a guy I felt we gave up on too soon, but his trade to the Cubs netted us Josh Harrison.
 The Co-Signers set was full of Pirates.
 Mark Recchi is the man. One of my favorite Pens growing up.


Three nice jerseys of former WVU standout Stedman Bailey.  The middle is a parallel /75. Really hoping Stedman and Tavon Austin breakout in a big way with Nick Foles throwing to them.
 Speaking of Tavon here is his Topps Chrome version of the same jersey.
 Randle El was a great slot receiver for the Steelers for many years. Back in his college days at Indiana he was a quarterback so the Steelers would often find ways to utilize that skillset as well. In some ways he was kind of a reverse Kordell Stewart.
Some old SpX Pirates. Jason Schmidt is a good example of why the Pirates were inept for 20 years. While never consistent as a Pirate, he showed signs of being a quality major league pitcher. The Pirates lost patience and Schmidt would end up becoming a front line starter with the Giants.
 Some nice Bowman Buccos




Thanks for all the great cards JBF. I've been holding onto some cards for you so I will be able to hit you back very soon. Somehow I knew you couldn't resist sending mail to Morgantown. Now that I've been through a cardboard war I'm more prepared.

Thanks for reading.


8 comments:

  1. That's like an aftershock after a huge earth quake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird not opening 5 priority mail boxes.

      Delete
  2. At least this time you didn't need a hand truck to get the cards into your house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I'm still trying to make room from all the spoils of war last time.

      Delete
  3. Recchi was one of my favorite Flyers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy always had a knack of finding the net. He would happily do the dirty work too.

      Delete