The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, May 17, 2018

This is Where We Go Up a Level (JBF Appreciation Volume 9)

This is going to end up going almost two weeks and could have easily been three.  As we approach the grand finale it will just be baseball hits and vintage.  Once we finish I think the total will be around 500 parallels/relics/autos.  All you can do is shake your head. 

No real organization in this bunch.  You have active Pirates, prospects and legends.  Buckle in!


Marte has been fantastic this year and a key reason why the Pirates are doing so well.
Alen has popped up with the Giants this year.  He was once one of the Pirates biggest prospects.

A very specific headline.

Nice low numbered patch of Pedro Alvarez.




A bunch of cool IP autos.  The Clines is my favorite.
Even if you are not a fan of auto cards you are obligated to like this card.  I mead what is not to like.  It's perfect.


Holdzkom kind of pulled a Natural by coming out of nowhere to become an unhittable reliever than disappeared the next year.


Leave it to Pacific to have an odd auto insert set.



Not my favorite of the early auto sets that came out around the same period, but sometimes less is more.  Had Leaf not put their damn logo right dead smack in the middle it would have almost been perfect.

Only Members can have this card.



I will never get tired of Bay autos.
These two had to carry way too much of the load in the early 2000's.
Relics don't get me excited too much these days, but this a great exception. Lofton only has a few Pirate cards out there.
I wonder if Randall is allowed to enter Miller Park after hitting the sausage with his bat.
Now this is an awesome card.
I didn't even know this card existed.  Santiago only played in 6 games for the Bucs, but for some reason got a few relics and autos.  I'm not complaining!


Kendall is a sneaky tough guy to collect.  Some of his hard to find inserts and autos can get really expensive.  He was a lot of peoples favorite player during his Bucs tenure.


So many great IP autos.


It would be fun to have people put together a list of what they think the worst sets in the last ten years would be.  The sticker dump SP Signatures set would probably be up there.  With that being said I do have a few cards in my collection.
Another card I had no idea existed.

Crazy, crazy, crazy.  At the end of each post I'm always at a loss for words.  Three more posts to go.....

18 comments:

  1. Impressive bunch of cards for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Face auto is my favorite, of course the Teke's are nice too. But I'd have to go the Lofton bat card for my #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Teke has any idea that he is a modern day cardboard legend?

      Delete
  3. Wait, we haven't stepped up a level until NOW? What level were we on, exactly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like an old Nintendo game. The levels are endless.

      Delete
  4. Another great batch of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but wonder if that's the bat Randall Simon used to whack that poor sausage (wait, that didn't sound right...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've talked about whacking sausage on here numerous times

      Delete
  6. You've got mad hits like you was Rod Carew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also got more action than my man, John Woo

      Delete
  7. Holy moly. These have been awesome to follow along with. Can't wait to see what is possibly in store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The autos are excellent but finding Lofton and Santiago Pirates relics is very impressive. I didn't even know Benny was a Buc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Benny stuff is awesome. He was literally a Pirate for like a month.

      Delete