The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Triple Threat

Last night I showed off all three of the McCutchen variants numbered to 9.  Tonight is more of the same with Jose Tabata.  


2011 Triple Threads Jose Tabata Jersey /9

2011 Triple Threads Jose Tabata Jersey /9

                                               2011 Triple Threads Jose Tabata Jersey /9

Tonight I took the time to look through some of my Triple Threads cards to see where I stand.  It seems that I'm only one away from 6 different triples.  I've gotten away from checking for these on eBay and COMC over the last year, but a fresh look has me revitalized to find some missing cards. The good thing is that it will be a buyers market for Tabata, Garrett Jones and Pedro Alvarez.  

I'm pumped for the Pirates game tomorrow.  Hope we can put on another good show like last year.  

Thanks for reading and Let's go Bucs!




4 comments:

  1. What is the future of Tabata? I know that you get what you pay for and the Triple Threads cards are especially nice. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is signed long term for what at time seemed cheap.....not so much now. He will continue to be outfield depth for the remainder of contract or gain enough value to where he can be traded.

      Delete
  2. Tabata makes me mad, because he should have been a better player than he is.

    That anger has nothing to do with the fact that I got him in my fantasy leagues twice in the last three years, always wishcasting something better for him than he ever turned out to be. Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't know what type of player he is anymore. When he came up he showed good speed and gap power. For some reason his speed went away and so did the extra base hits. Mix that in with some injuries and falling out of the good graces of management and thats where we stand.

      Delete