The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Buctober Returns!

A much later post than anticipated as I was watching the Pirates secure a playoff spot.  At one point this season the Pirates were 10-18 and it looked like the season was heading south quick.  Thankfully they pulled through and finished strong.  Still a lot to play for as the Pirates can still win the division. If the Cubs can beat the Cardinals tonight the Pirates would only be a 1 1/2 games out. Gotta love meaningful baseball this late in the season.  I went 2/3 of my life without seeing it so I'm trying to savor every moment.

Now to Bob Walk the Plank business.  Lately an exciting new trend has been happening.  The last few weeks I've been getting a lot of emails from people who stumbled upon my blog looking to unload some Pirate cards.

Peter, who is a Yankees and Bills collector came across my blog and told me he had a stack of Pirate commons he was looking to unload.  I told him I could send some Yankees and a deal was struck.  He sent a big stack, but I'm only showcasing a few as many could be subjects of blog posts by themselves.




Peter sent a great group of cards highlighted by a stack of Panini Cooperstown.  The Mazeroski is the gold version /299.  It is much shinier than the scan shows.  Peter was also nice enough to send a long a nice Taillon Bowman's Best.  

Thanks for all the great cards Peter.  Look forward to trading again in the near future.  

Let's Go Bucs!



6 comments:

  1. This settles it, the Pirates totally won the Jose Bautista trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your Buccos! All I ask is that you beat the Cardinals if given the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we can catch them....Really need the Cubs to take care of business today against the Cardinals.

      Delete