The Legend

The Legend

Monday, June 26, 2017

Baseball Every Night

A couple weeks back Peter of Baseball Every Night decided to hold a Series 2 break and was nice enough to reserve the Buccos for me.  It was a cool gesture because Peter is also a fan so he could have easily kept those for himself.  I'm guessing he just kept the 1/1 cut auto of Honus Wagner and gave me the rest.  Don't lie to me Peter, I know you have it.


If you look like an actual Pirate you get coveted number 1 picture slot. 

 Love the Sunday throwback uniforms. Gerrit Cole has had a really weird year.  Awesome the first handful of starts, then he pitched like butt for a while....now he is good again.

 It makes me so happy that he is playing well again.

 Peter pulled me a rookie!

 Jung Ho Kang is stuck in Korea because he is a dumb drunk.  At least this is another cool shot of the throwback uniforms.

I'm a big fan of team oriented cards. A couple years back I chased some of the parallels of the Pirates team card.  This year I'm happy with just this one.

Nice to see a Pirate card of Felipe Rivero.  He is well on his way to earning an All Star nod. If you haven't watched him pitch he has been one of the best relievers in baseball.

Adam Frazier is declaring himself number 1. I would agree that a game 7 walkoff is memorable.

Thanks for the break Peter!


4 comments:

  1. Rivero man, what a story. A very nice return considering the Pirates got him in the Melancon trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of what us to trade him back to the Nationals at about 10x the original acquisition cost.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post! So glad that you got the cards and apparently like them! The Wagner card is going to get me a re-paved driveway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never forget the great Honus screwjob of 2017. Enjoy your driveway.

      Delete