The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Cracked Kendall Christmas

Julie was nice enough to send a long a very nice Christmas card full of Jason Kendall cheer.

 Leaf Signatures seems to be one of the sets that all us bloggers are in agreement with. It is universally loved. Simple design, on card signature and decent photos is a good recipe for an auto card.

This is how I remember Jason Kendall. He generally didn't look happy. I guess playing on perennial losers will do that to you. Even though he supposedly hated Pittsburgh the guy always left it out on the field. I always imagine how much he would be loved on these current Pirate teams. I have a soft spot for guys like Kendall, Brian Giles and Jason Bay who never got to taste winning in Pittsburgh. 

Here is the nice Michigan themed card Julie sent along. I'm pretty sure my parents still buy Vernors Ginger Ale. I've also been to the Kellogs plant in Battle Creek. I think my longest stay in Michigan was accompanying my Grandfather to a conference in Traverse City. I remember lots of cherries and wind.

Thanks for the cards Julie.  Hopefully my return package hit your doorstep today.

Happy Festivus!

6 comments:

  1. You seem to be right with the Leaf Signatures theory - I've yet to find anyone who's disliked it. In the brief time that Kendall was a Cub, he seemed like an alright dude. Of course, he was only here for a few months anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel for the guys who played on lousy Dodger teams without coming close to the champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Leaf set for sure is loved by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The package arrived yesterday - and knocked my socks off! Wonderful assortment of Astros - with an Altuve auto??? Thank you Matt! You are a fount of endless surprise! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Kendall deserved better but at least he leaves behind a pretty good legacy. Nice cards.

    Also, FOUR great lakes? And Vernors is the only ginger ale worth a damn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendall looks like he just pulled off a golden Sombrero in that 2nd photo. At least that was the face Dan Uggla would make when he'd do it weekly.

    Cheers to those losing Pirates teams of Christmas past!

    ReplyDelete