The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Reflections

The mid 2000's was the Wild West for me in terms of collecting. I was pretty much collecting everything under the sun. I was single and had my first "real job" which allowed me the opportunity to test all kinds of sets.

One set that really struck a cord with me was Upper Deck Reflections. This set had just about everything I looked for in cards at the time.  Plenty of Pirate options, cool patches and big name autos! This was the set I scored my first dual auto and one of my biggest scores in a box ever (Derek Jeter auto).

Fast forward to present day.  I'm much more focused with my collecting. No longer do I open every product under the sun and hoard every big name card that I can. While I've narrowed my focus I still tend to go back to sets that I liked from my box busting days.

2005 Upper Deck Reflections Jason Bay/Bobby Crosby Dual Patch/99

Remember Bobby Crosby! Finding new Bay's is pretty hard these days. I'm to the point where I'm only adding a handful a year.  Needless to say when this beauty popped up I was all in. Fortunately buying Bay cards these days is very easy on the wallet.  High end releases still regularly go for under $10.  Such was the case with this dual patch.  A nice addition from one of my favorite mid 2000's sets. 

Thanks for reading! 



4 comments: