The Legend

The Legend

Monday, May 21, 2018

Wes Goes Nuclear for the Big Finale (JBF Appreciation Volume 12)

What could Wes send to top everything else? 



Secured by combo and lock I give you none other than

Drum roll please









That my friend is a Clemente rookie.  Game, set and match!  The man from Hazel Green went nuclear.

I never say never, but that was always a card that seemed unattainable. Little did I know it was Wes's end game.  You are the master my friend.

But that is not all......



I get to wear my own customized championship belt.  The detail and flair of this is crazy. I'm thinking about wearing it to work tomorrow.

Just so crazy right?!!!  Saying "thanks" for this type of generosity seems weak on my part.  All I know is that Wes is the most generous person I've come across.  I'm sad to see him stepping away from his blog and his crazy trading ways.  Our paths will cross one day my friend.  I know some point I'll be in Atlanta down the road so hopefully you can make the short trip east.

Big thanks to all those who checked out this two week adventure. It was fun to read the comments and let people get a glimpse of his generosity.  I declare this the end of the war.  My first post about trading with Wes was in June 2014.  Don't think I quite pictured that first trade escalating this far, but I'm thankful it did.

Thanks for reading!








46 comments:

  1. Honest question: is Wes the husband of that couple that decided the world was ending so they sold all of their possessions, burned down their house, and ran around naked?

    I can't imagine anyone topping this, so congratulations, Willingham Man, you're a legend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. But I must report that I am fully clothed and happily divorced.

      Delete
    2. /checks back yard. No naked people running around

      Delete
  2. Wes told me that the Clemente was supposed to come to me. So if you wouldn't mind forwarding it on that would be great. Thanks. And sorry, obviously for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable. Wes never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wes doobie da Man! Come on you know you have music stuck in your brain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take all of this and swap it for a T206 Wagner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably could with the amount of stuff he sent. Maybe if I wear the belt it would scare people into giving me the Wagner.

      Delete
  6. That card is jaw dropping wonderful in so many ways! Please tell me you're going to break it out of it's case so you can bottle some of the air that surrounds it and send it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. For once, I'll probably keep this one in his graded case. Still happy to send some air though....

      Delete
  7. I have a feeling this isn't over yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible stuff, the whole lot of it. I don't know how Wes does it. If there was an award for generosity I think he'd win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He won the generosity award a long time ago. He is the most generous traded emeritus now.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Yeah, not often one card can pack a punch. Clemente has a way of doing it.

      Delete
  10. Wes deserves a championship belt of his own. He's the GOAT. What a generous dude, and a well deserving recipient. Enjoy that card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he is in a league of his own. I tip my cap to the man from Hazel Green.

      Delete
  11. That was fantastic. A fitting finale indeed. Clemente rookie...good lord. Wes, you're the master. Matt, you're one lucky s.o.b. I tip my hat to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a long 4 year run. Hate to see him go, but now I can organize the Wes wing of my house.

      Delete
  12. This was great. What was the combo to the lock? Anything significant? :p

    That belt is super awesome too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course there was a combo. He sent me a card in each package that had a number. I had to add them all up. lol

      Delete
  13. I'll say it again; you guys are scary. There's next level and above that somewhere in space is where you guys trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fun for four years. Time to move on now. Clemente has a way of ending things. It can't be topped.

      Delete
  14. Wow! I think that this whole barrage will never be beat as the ending to any trade war. Pretty amazing final blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was literally a 4 month barrage. It was something to behold......and scan

      Delete
  15. (8^o) you have been blessed by the man himself! Wes blessed. thanks for sharing the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a wild ride. Now Wes can ride off in the sunset.

      Delete
  16. That's an amazing card. I'll say it again - Wes loves you more than my fiance loves me, I think!

    I told you on twitter that we need to catch up when I'm back in town. However, that belt is required. I need to get a picture with that bad boy over my shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you are heading back. I'm around a good bit in June, but July and August are pretty busy.

      Delete
    2. If it doesn't happen in June, I probably won't make it up. I had a second phone interview yesterday and I'm waiting to hear if I've made it to the in-person level. The wait is the worth.

      Delete
  17. That card is one of the most incredible things I've seen in a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete