The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Digging Around

In honor of the big game tonight I wanted to show some football cards in my collection.  I was an avid Steelers collector from about 2000-2011. Once my wife and I bought our house I had to scale back some of my collections and the Steelers were the odd men out. I still love adding cards via trade, but my days of scouring on eBay for high end singles are over.

It was fun digging through a few boxes this morning. Some of these cards haven't seen the light of day since I moved into my house in 2012.


I think this was the last big card I added to my collection before I stopped actively collecting the Steelers.  


 The UD NFL Legends set was awesome.

 Hines Ward was my favorite player for the Steelers and he is represented well in my collection. His autos were hard to come by during this time period as he didn't have many and most were low numbered. This Spectrum is /10.

 Heath Miller has been a mainstay at tight end for the Steelers for ten years.


 Big Ben is a hard guy to collect as most of his cards demand high prices. I have one auto in my collection but this dual patch is probably my favorite.


A couple more Hines cards to round things out. Tools of the Trade cards were always cool in football and baseball.

Hope everyone enjoys the game tonight. Just to be different I have the Broncos winning 21-17.  I'm just looking forward to good food and drink!

Thanks for reading.

12 comments:

  1. The dual patch with Big Ben and Bradshaw is a great looking card.
    I think the Panthers will win, but I'm cheering for the Broncos (my bother-in-law's team) and funny commercials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, that Denver defense was impressive. They knocked the piss out of Cam Newton.

      Delete
  2. Those are some beauties! I enjoy picking up Steelers cards, and eventually I'm hoping to get autos of all the Steelers HoF'ers. But I just can't justify spending the kind of cash that the high end Steelers cards command when I could stretch that so much further in other areas of my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to prioritize and the Steelers were just too expensive to collect. Plus my personal attachment to the Pirates and Mountaineers is just too strong.

      Delete
  3. WOW, those are some really nice Steelers! Yet another beautiful UD Legends set too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dennis! It was fun to go back and look through everything.

      Delete
  4. I may not be much of a football fan but you have to appreciate cards like that. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a much bigger college football fan, but I enjoyed collecting the Steelers back in the day. Only so much card money to go around once I got married and bought a house. Maybe someday I'll pick it back up.

      Delete
  5. Love the prime Quads. With Keause and the "Hammer"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my last big purchase. I had been looking for a Rod Woodson auto and that card popped up. One of my favorite Steeler cards in my collection.

      Delete
  6. The Hammer! Looking to get some Fred's cards into my own collection someday.

    ReplyDelete