The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Taking Bribes

My good pal Jeff from Wish They Still Came With Bubble Gum was one of the winners of my most recent contest. I think the fix might be in. He has came out on top two of the last three. I swear I don't take bribes.....



In all seriousness I was glad to see Jeff's name pop up. He and I have a great blind trade going so this will help me search some stuff out for future trades. The pressures on now because just this week Jeff sent me a fantastic bubble mailer full of great cardboard.

 Cole Tucker was a first round pick in 2014, but has been injured most of his Pirates tenure. Kevin Newman who was Pirates first round pick in 2015 left Morgantown to take Tucker's place in Charleston. Hopefully Cole can get a fresh start in 2016.

The card featured is a very cool on card auto!
 Of all the top Pirate prospects my Meadows collection is the worst.  He had a decent amount of hype before the 2013 draft so no one thought he would drop to the Pirates. Well as luck would have it he did drop and the Pirates reaped the rewards. Scouts continue to give praise to the young outfielder and I would suspect he will be the Pirates highest ranked prospect once we graduate some of our pitchers this year.

With hype comes higher card prices, so I've only nabbed a handful of Meadows cards. Thanks to Jeff I can add this Chrome parallel /150 to my collection.
 Another guy who has been hard to collect this year is White.  Even with injuries keeping him out all season, prices continue to be high for the former Mountaineer. This awesome diecut is a great addition to my Kevin White collection.
 Some more prospect oriented cards of some of the bigger names in the system.  Ke'Bryan Hayes is former major league Charlie Hayes's son. Most think he will advance fast as he has some of the best plate discipline in the system.
 Always cool to receive some Pens. How cool is that Lemieux.
 Bowman Buccos! Hanson has a shot to make the team out of camp.
 Always a sucker for Cole cards.
 Vintage hockey is just the best!
 One of the best sets in the last ten years.
SPx was just so classy back in the 90's.

Thanks for all the great cards Jeff.  Did you get to witness the Gators clobbering of the Mountaineers in person? I think you guys shot something like 60% from the three point line. That game was pretty much over before it started.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't make it up but was shocked at the final score. Mike White is filling in nicely for BD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the worst our defense had played all year. I'm kind of glad we took the loss to you and not a Big 12 team.

      Delete
  2. I agree, Upper Deck Masterpieces is one of the best sets of the last decade. The cards are beautiful. Jeff is a great trade partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff is the man. Hopefully UD will get the opportunity to make Masterpieces again.

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with you and Tom. UD Masterpieces is definitely one of the best sets of the last decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is impossible not to like that set. It was UD's Stadium Club.

      Delete