The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Draft Day

I'm upset that the Mountaineers got eliminated by Villanova last night, but we have a big silver lining. One of the things I love about college basketball is it provides a perfect transition into the greatest sport on earth, baseball! I'm trying not to pay attention to the fact that it is 40 degrees....

Since this is the last weekend before opening day it means it is fantasy baseball draft day.  We do both and NL only and AL only league.  This is a fun way to play when you only have 5 or 6 people participating.  All the baseball talk and roster construction will get me in the right mindset for Thursdays first pitch.  We also use it as an excuse to try a bunch of beer and eat unhealthy food. You know you are getting old when you look forward to a day to eat unhealthy. 

New card time.



2016 Triple Threads Mark Melancon All Star Patch /9

For a long time I would actively chase these All Star patches. For whatever reason they always struck a cord with me. For one they would often create cards of obscure All Stars when the Pirates were terrible.  Did you know former Pirate reliever Evan Meek was an All Star?! It is the fanciest versions of the obscure I crave. 

The other benefit is that like most patch cards prices can be all over the place. One day this card could sell for $15 and the next $40.  Patience usually pays off.  This one was had for about $20.  Not great, but it had been a long time since I added one so I splurged a little. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the last weekend without baseball for around 7 months!!!!!

Thanks for reading! 

4 comments:

  1. I had my 10-team NL-only auction today. I much prefer auctions to drafts -- a lot more strategy goes into it. That said, I think mine sucked today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do Rotisserie style with more saber friendly stats. Obp, quality start instead of wins etc

      Delete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with fantasy baseball. I love that it keeps me close to the game... but I hate that it's constantly on my mind. Ended up giving it up, so that I could just enjoy the daily highlights in peace. Best of luck this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it. The hard thing is finding enough people to make it work.

      Delete