The Legend

The Legend

Friday, November 14, 2014

World Cup of Trading Part 4 (The Big Finish)

We have reached the end. I've saved all the Pirate hits for this post along with the big item. Who would have thought you could turn a bunch of Josh Willingham autos into a mountain of cardboard. Wes I can't thank you enough for all the great cards. As a thank you I will have some cards coming your way soon. Let the hits begin....




The first three cards are all numbered to 5! I love the Van Robays cards.  He is credited with naming the Eephus pitch.







The old Leaf Signature cards were perfect in their simplicity. Nothing flashy, just nice autos.


Pirate management once got on Craig Wilson for drinking too much Pepsi.  God our management team was horrible in the early to mid 2000's

 Tony Womack was one of my favorites.

A scout once raved that Chad Hermansen could walk on water. He could not hit a baseball. He flamed out quickly in the pros.
 Wouldn't surprise me if Wyatt Wathisen is traded. He has already been passed by Reese McGuire.
A picher batting! Justin Wilson was just traded to the Yankees for Francisco Cervelli. Probably a good deal for both teams as the Yankees get a left handed reliever with a great arm and the Pirates addressed their cloudy catching situation. Come on Russell Martin, just resign with us...Please....



Kevin Hart was supposed the be the centerpiece in the Tom Gorzelanny trade. Turns out the throw in piece was the keeper.  Josh Harrison has turned himself into quite a player.


 Love the Kiner!

The original Frank Thomas. I've seen several autographs in which Frank will inscribe "original" on the card.










 Sexy Auto!
Even Sexier Auto!

The Grand Prize......



That is a game used bat of former Bucco catcher Jason Jaramillo! What a cool prize.  I couldn't believe it when I opened the box. You are the man Wes!

To wrap things up all I can say is Wow. You really brought it big time. I've had a blast going through all the cards and appreciate how you customized the prize to fit all my different collections. Once I get a display the bat will be mounted on my basement wall.  You are truly one of a kind my friend.

Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. A game used bat in a trade package?! That's certainly a new one. Wes is the man. I don't know how he finds all this great stuff to send to people. He'll be missed around the blogs.

    P. S. -- Baseball needs more guys named Tike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the next Tike is better than the the last one as well.

      Delete
  2. This is simply incredible ! I'd still be jumping up and down with little stars in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that bat is amazing. Display it prominently!

    I love the old Donruss/Lead Signature Series autos. Those were some great looking sets, and are not easy to find these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to order a nice display. What a great surprise.

      Delete