The Legend

The Legend

Monday, November 10, 2014

Trade: View from the Skybox

Last week Chris from the blog View from the Skybox posted a bunch of relics he had been accumulating from this years Immaculate Collection. In this group he posted a nice Gerrit Cole jersey that was low numbered. I left a comment saying I would love to work out a trade.

What I didn't know was that Chris had already put it in the mail for me! Today I opened up a bubble mailer and their it was.


Really appreciate you thinking of me Chris. I'm a pretty avid Cole collector so this will make a nice addition. While I was perfectly happy receiving this card Chris decided to throw in some more goodies. 

Love the Haddix card.  Has the cool distinction of possibly pitching the greatest game ever. 12 perfect innings before losing the game in the 13th. Good reason why you shouldn't pay attention to win/loss records.

 I want to go back in time to try and make the 2002 Pirates less horrible.  Man that was a bad team.

I've said it a million times before, but I love Candelaria. That hair is almost Bob Walk like...

Thanks again Chris for the great cards. Maybe we can turn this into a regular blind trade. I think I still have some Royals sitting around. 


6 comments:

  1. Thank YOU Matt, I was hoping you'd like the Haddix! I'd love to keep a blind trade wheel going. I'll keep an eye out for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards ! even Panini manage to make a nice design with their Immaculate collection. Those early 80s uniforms...now that was something !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they could do something about the blank hats the cards would look really nice. Immaculate has some really good deals on the secondary market. You should keep an eye out for Blue Jays.

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing a lot of Immaculate Collection around these parts. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the patches are really nice. Would be a fun project to do a reverse box and go crazy on eBay.

      Delete