The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Birthday Present Plus an Awaiting Monster

I celebrated my 32nd birthday in October.  For the most part it was quiet as my wife and I went to NYC and did our celebrating a few weeks before. She is treating me to a Penguins game the day before Thanksgiving so that should be fun.

One thing that is constant on my birthday is that my Mom gives me cash. I've tried stopping her a million times before, but she continues every year. One of the caveats with the money is that I spend it on something I want.  She likes to see something in hand that I can say "see Mom here is what you got me." This year I went the card route.



The first three cards were throw ins from a seller on eBay.  This was awesome as I needed all the cards plus the extra bonus of one being the cool burning fire insert. Can't go wrong with free McCutchen's and Polanco's.




Now the main event....




2014 Bowman Inception Triple Patch Auto Polanco/Taillon/Hanson /5

First I wasn't sure if this card would show back up on eBay.  I attempted once to buy this card but it went for an extremely high amount (I think around $140). As luck would have it I got a second chance. This card was mine for $71 delivered. An amazing deal for a really nice looking addition to my Pirates collection. This was such a good deal that it makes my purchase for the dual version featuring Polanco and Hanson look like a huge overpay. I believe it was in the $60 range. This was a nice way to end my eBay binge and begin my organization break. 




To finish things off this is 2 of 3 boxes that Jaybarkerfan's Junk sent me for winning the World Cup of Trading competition. The other box is gigantic as well!  I'm going to use this weekend to get things scanned. You are a maniac my friend.  I love it!

Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

  1. Your Fire Die-Cuts seems to burn much brighter than mine. Maybe it's the lighting?

    I love that card Ebay. Three patches with five different colors! That's pretty fantastic.

    Your mom certainly knows baseball cards. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it was just my scanner on the fire diecut.

      The patches make that card.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a pickup! Your mom certainly steered you right. Can't wait to see what's in those boxes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dennis! My mom has bought me a lot of cards over the years.

      Delete
  3. Tell your mom I have a birthday in October as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I'll let her know. I'm sure she would buy you some packs.

      Delete
  4. Inception is pretty sharp, nice pickup! Love triple autos that are all the same team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad! You outdid me though by showing a superfractor!

      Delete
  5. Don't think of the Polanco & Hanson dual as an overpay. Just think of it as Taillon's value fell off to the $10 range ;).

    Jk lol. It's a very nice card, and the throw-ins were neat too. As for the boxes good luck man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zippy! I guess if a $70 card could be a value buy this was it. Taillon and Polanco have fallen in price quite a bit recently.

      Maybe Reese Mcguire and Luisssss will have a dual next year.

      Delete
  6. Nice win! I got the package you sent to me yesterday -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony! Glad you got the cards. Hope the boxtopper made it unscathed.

      Delete
  7. A Happy but Belated Birthday wish to you! Gorgeous patch!

    ReplyDelete