The Legend

The Legend

Monday, November 17, 2014

Box Break: 2014 Topps Chrome Round 2

If you remember a couple weeks back I posted my first attempt with 2014 Chrome which didn't go so well. My friends and I dubbed it our worst box opening since we started our monthly breaks. Last week I decided to give it another try as prices are still really low and I had way too much time on my hand to search the Internet. As you will see I was rewarded with a much more interesting box.

 Martin Prado /100


 Gregory Polanco Auto!!!!!!



Taijuan Walker Black Refractor Auto /100

As you can see there's a lot to like about this box. First and foremost pulling a good auto of your team always feels good. I already had the Polanco in my collection as Brad from Brad's Blog sent me one in a blind trade last month, but I was still pumped. Polanco is a favorite of mine as I've been a little obsessed obtaining as many autos of the young right fielder as I could.

The big card was pulling the refractor auto of Taijuan Walker. Injuries set back Walker last year, but the Mariners top prospect should be primed to break camp with the Mariners this year. It will be interesting to see if he lives up to all the hype.

I'm glad an impulse buy worked out for once. I've always liked Topps Chrome, so it was nice to get a quality box after the three crappy ones my friends and I opened.  Tomorrow I will post a box of Donruss that was opened at the same time, that yielded a nice Giants card.

Thanks for reading.


11 comments:

  1. Wow, both those autos are better than anything we pulled from 3 or 4 boxes. Nice break, and you can never go wrong with a Polanco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. At least we know good boxes exist out of this stuff. The weaker rookie class made quality boxes few and far between.

      Delete
  2. Nice auto pulls! Always nice to pull stuff of your guys, and Polanco's no slouch either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited to see him fall from the pack. Now lets hope he lives up to his potential.

      Delete
  3. Nice break. I have a feeling Walker might be involved in several trade rumors throughout this offseason. I've already seen some Justin Upton (& BJ Upton) for Taijuan Walker proposals since the Heyward trade happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The Mariners need a right handed bat so I'm sure this rumor has some merit. It seems the M's like Paxton just as much as Walker anyway.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps Topps held back some of the autos for next year's Chrome, kind of like the whole Kris Bryant kerfuffle from Bowman...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right. I'm surprised they didn't try to put Tanaka in there too.

      Delete
  5. I could use that Polanco if you ever want to part with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure....just shoot me an email. Mattscott82@gmail.com

      Delete