The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

World Cup of Trading Part 1

Back in the summer I participated in the World Cup of Trading hosted by world famous blogger Wes from Jaybarkerfan's Junk. I took a gamble and claimed a card from the group of death. The only rules of the contest were to supply a trade package for claimed card. Here is my claimed card.


Jose Canseco is kind of a douche these days, but growing up I idolized the former Bash Brother. I thought this would be a great chance to add a high end auto of the former slugger.

Long story short after I bombarded Wes with a ton of Josh Willingham autos I made it through the group of death. After the fan vote I was lucky enough to be declared the winner.


Just look at that trophy! I will proudly display with honor. The thought crossed my mind to put it in my office to let my coworkers know I mean business and that they are dealing with a champion. It demands respect!

As everyone knows Wes brings it when delivering his cards. I had received several warnings via email and through a note he passed along to Tom from Waiting 'til Next Year after he bombed his mailbox. 

The overall content was overwhelming. Wes declared that the prize package was called the Triple Threat! While cards are the central theme the grand prize is a showstopper. Wes hit on all my collecting interests by supplying Pirates, WVU and even some Steelers. There was so much baseball that it will be broke down in multiple posts.

Up first....Vintage!  Lot's of pictures. 
























As scary as it is this is just the tip of the iceberg. The madman threw in probably three times as much modern cards with the majority of them being autos and relics. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the 52 Bowman Murray Dickson or the Elroy Face. 

Thanks for adding so much vintage to my collection. I'll have to add a Wes section to my Mark Hoyle vintage binder.

What will tomorrow bring.....

Thanks for reading. 




6 comments:

  1. Man, I really like those Pirates uniforms from the early fifties. I think some teams should definitely bring the retro look back... and Pittsburgh is at the top of my list. I like the sleeveless jersey Patek is sporting on that 1970 Topps card as well.

    World Famous Wes... that does have a certain ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pirates wore the 1971 uniforms on Sunday home games, but other than that didn't mess around much with throwbacks. Be interesting to see what they have plans for this year.

      Maniac Wes would work too.

      Delete
  2. Great cards. You have some more coming. You kicked my butt in the WCOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! I figured you would like this bunch.

      Delete