The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, November 13, 2014

World Cup of Trading Part 3

Tonight is going to feature a wide variety of items. First I'll show off some of the non cardboard items, and then showcase the Steelers and my favorite Pirate inserts and parallel cards. I have one more post planned either tomorrow or Saturday highlighting the crazy amount of Pirate autos and relics and the grand prize.

A nice Roberto Clemente starting lineup figure. I was an avid Starting Lineup collector in the 90's. I probably still have over 100 in the box! My house would probably look like Steve Carrell's in the 40 Year Old Virgin if I wasn't married.


Super Bowl Champion and former WVU star Jeff Hostetler. I also had a bunch of these Headliner figures. I had a serious problem.
 A variety of unopened wax.
This is awesome! I actually have a lot of the bobble heads from the Lumber Company giveaways at PNC park, but did not have the Zisk.

Super nice Antonio Brown auto! It is amazing how good he has turned out for the Steelers and he seems to get better every year.










I got Redus'd

The Antonio Brown auto is by far my favorite card out of this bunch. One aspect of my collection I have yet to show off is my Steelers. It's been well over a year since I've added some Steelers to my collection. The thought crossed my mind to sell my collection but seeing that Brown auto stoked a fire. See what you have done Wes. Just when I thought I was out, you drag me back in.

My next post will finish out the haul from Wes. I'll be attending the WVU basketball game tomorrow so it may be a little later than normal or first thing Saturday morning.

Thanks for reading!


10 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that this is the first "40-Year-Old Virgin" reference I've seen on a blog.

    "NO!! DON'T TAKE IT OUT!! I'm sorry. It's just...it loses its value if you take it out of the packaging."

    But seriously, that Clemente is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, I probably packed up a lot of those starting lineups right about the same time I started dating my wife. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome package. Love that starting lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a huge Clemente fan, I was drooling over that Starting Lineup. I may have to pick one up for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find pretty good deals on Starting lIneups as long as someone doesn't charge a crazy amount for shipping.

      Delete
  4. Back in the early 90's I worked in a discount toy store. We would get cases of Starting Lineups. Around that time I was also doing card shows, so I bought a bunch thinking I could sell them. I couldn't give them away. Still can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually the only ones I see sell on eBay are 88's and 89's. They just made too many.

      Delete
  5. I too have a bunch of the starting lineup figures. They just sit in a box for now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was obsessed with them for a long time. Just too hard to display unless you have a room devoted entirely for figures.

      Delete