The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Trade: The Prowling Cat

Another new trade partner! I reached out to Zenus from the blog The Prowling Cat to let him know I was holding a few extra Mariner cards. The trade took a while to come together as I was trying to get Kyle Seager auto from a friend of mine which took some time. Thankfully it worked out and I was able to get the trade rolling.

Yesterday I received the return package.  Check it out.

The Pirates had a rough time replacing Jack Wilson at short after he was traded to the Mariners. A standout defensively Jack had great range and a good throwing arm.
Jason Grilli was a former first round pick that could never get much traction at the Major League level. A journeyman most of his career until he found a home with the Pirates. He found new velocity and was a key component when the Pirates finally ended their 20 + year losing streak. He was traded to the Angels this past season. I'm always a sucker for the Update All Star cards.

I love the Renaldo Turnbull rookie card. WVU churned out quite a few NFL players on the defensive side of the ball during the 90's.

Thanks for all the great cards Zenus. I actually just came into a few more nice Mariner cards that I can send your way.

Thanks for reading.


4 comments:

  1. To me Jack Wilson will forever be the face of the Pirates and Mariners (simultaneously). Great cards man :).

    BTW, I got your package in the mail today. Thanks a bunch :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack was a fun guy to watch. Those terrible mid 2000's Pirate teams had a lot of individual talent for everyday players, but the pitching was horrible.

      Glad the package arrived!

      Delete
  2. Glad you like the cards. Thought that Grilli looked pretty cool myself

    ReplyDelete