The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Victory!

I've recently put myself on an eBay hiatus in order to spend a little more time organizing. If you received a package from me recently that was part of the cleanup process. My hope is to get cleaned up by the New Year. Every time I get the urge to start searching cards that will just be my reminder to sort some more. Plus, sorting means putting together trade packages so everyone wins!

2013 Bowman Victory Tyler Glasnow Auto /10

Here is one of my last eBay purchases. Bowman Victory is a rare set created as prizes for winners in the Bowman Prospect Challenge.  The checklist included all the big prospects so the secondary market prices on the set were very high. Click here to look at the checklist. I paid $44 for the card which was almost $30 less than the last copy. 

Tyler Glasnow's stock seems to go up everyday.  Currently pitching in the Arizona Fall League, Glasnow continues to turn heads. It will be interesting to see if he will be ranked the number 1 prospect in the Pirates system as the season approaches. Jameson Taillon's stock has dropped some since his Tommy John surgery so my guess is yes.  It will be interesting to see how quick the Pirates move him through the system. 

Thanks for reading!

17 comments:

  1. Nice auto! The Pirates yellow background is very appropriate.

    I see that BA ranked Glasnow #3 before the start of the season, with Polanco and Taillon in front of him, so you're right that he may just be #1 very soon. If that happens this'll look like a VERY good buy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most seem to think he has a high end ceiling. Took the plunge and spent a decent amount, but for the set it was a good price. An Austin Meadows went for $120 back in August. The card has a nice look. It scans a little darker than the actual card appears.

      Delete
  2. Phew, Luis Torrens is not on the checklist (for now).

    Nice pick-up, Glasnow's been an absolute beast in the AFL so far, making MadBum look like a normal bum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to fall in the hype machine but Glasnow looks like a beast.

      Delete
  3. I need to do the same. Stay off eBay and focus on organizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I was even buying that much but I was just spending too much time.

      Delete
  4. Great looking card, congrats on the pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card ! I you know how I feel about Bowman, so that says a lot...I bought a few vintage cards on ebay recently, can't wait to show them off. BUt yeah, way too much time consuming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin! I'll be sitting in my office and can kill and hour or two just looking on eBay. That is all fine and dandy most of the time, but I'm way behind putting cards in binders. My trading has picked up to the point where I'm getting an envelope or two a day the past 3 weeks.

      Delete
  6. I've been spending a lil too much time on the bay too. Idk how I missed this one though. Great price you got it for. Had I seen it I would have no doubt added it to my modestly growing Tyler Glasnow collection. I'm up to 11 autos of his with 4 of them being the Bowman Blacks /25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this one snuck by you. I'll only have a few Glasnow's. I've been looking to add more, but he isn't much of a bargain. That is why I was surprised he went so cheap. I went back and looked at the auction to see if he listed it incorrectly, but it looked fine.

      Delete
  7. Sorting can be a great motivator to...keep sorting. Moving everything over to binders I've found some cards I didn't even realize I had, and then I find doubles of the cards I didn't know I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing a really good job keeping up until college football season. Normally I would spend a couple hours every weekend going through my cards, but since I go to the games that time is gone. If I cut my time searching for cards that would add time sorting my cards.

      Delete