The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Jaybarker Doing What Jaybarker Does

The other day I was going through my email to find this in my inbox....


Wes is a sneaky one. Here I am taking my time finding some cards to send to Wes and KABOOM. I let my guard down and my mailbox was hit with two bubble mailers full of Pirates and Mountaineers. You enjoy your victory now my friend as I have a big surprise for you.

Start off with a bang! Neil Walker 2004 Fleer Draft Edition auto. Neil at one point was a frequent signer for card companies, but just like McCutchen their has been nothing new the past couple of years.
I've been looking for this card for a while now as I'm accumulating a good bit of the /5 Pirates. Thankfully Wes did the leg work for me. Awesome card of a really interesting guy. Jeff King hated being a baseball player, but just happened to be really good.
Another guy who doesn't have a ton of hits is Pedro Alvarez. The guy still has not signed an auto other than some Team USA cards.
Probably one of the earliest certified autos you can find. Remember when being numbered to /7750 was a big time short print. Love this auto of the former WVU great.


Sexy beast

 Also Sexy
 The 4 most valuable cards on earth.
Former Mountaineer and Super Bowl hero Jeff Hostetler. The "Hos" still makes his home in Morgantown and has many business ventures. My wife and I were out to dinner last weekend and sure enough he was at the table right next to us.  He looks exactly the same as his playing days.
 Now this is a great oddball. Those arms are made for juicing!
 How my arms felt when I was carrying all the cards Wes sent me.
"If you blog it, Wes will bomb your mailbox."

This was only a small fraction of what Wes sent. As usual his generosity knows no bounds. Thanks for all the great cards. You truly are a crazy person!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hope you both are planning on tipping your postman big time next Christmas.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to have to get a PO box before too long. My mailbox is too small to handle Jay's bubble mailers.

      Delete
  2. Why is that guy hiding in the bushes? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I miss Upper Deck. They had some unique shots.

      Delete
  3. For whatever its worth I've seen some people get TTM returns from Pedro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to send him something. Would love to get a few signatures on current cards. He had some redemption autographs a couple years back, but he never filled them and I received some crappy replacements.

      Delete
  4. Man... Wes is relentless! I thought he set a collection goal to snag as many autos as he could grab this year, yet you had three in your package. Generous is, as generous does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. We all need to chip in and give Upper Deck money to try and get a baseball license.

      Delete
  6. That Foot Locker card is eerily creepy !
    great mix of cards, as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have that one. It is so weird, but I love it.

      Delete
  7. I love the Van Slyke HBP card.Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Upper Deck a bunch. The Collectors Choice brand was a mainstay in my collection.

      Delete