The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Freebies

We as a community like to share eBay horror stories all the time. I know I'm guilty of it. Being that I'm such a frequent eBay shopper bad transactions are bound to happen. We've all been there. Stories of non responsive sellers, bad packaging and damaged cards are commonplace.

To change things up I thought I share a cool experience. A seller named chibi_kiara had this National Treasures Gerrit Cole for sale.

2016 National Treasures Gerrit Cole Six Swatch Signatures /10

I ended up winning the card for around $12.  Nice deal for a high end Cole card. The card arrived quickly, and had some nice surprises to go along with the Cole....



Not pictured was a nice stack of common cards to go along with the Onauku auto and Bradley parallel. When I first started eBay the practice of giving freebies seemed a lot more prevalent, but occurrences like this one are few and far between.  I didn't spend a ton of money so the extra cards shocked me.  Big time positive feedback!

Nice to tell a positive eBay story!

Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't had this happen in while, but always loved the gesture when it did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I get a few commons here and there, but the seller usually tapes them to a toploader or something stupid like that.

      Delete
  2. Nice Cole! Almost a whole jersey there. And very cool of the seller to include freebies, I almost never see that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool - love to hear stuff like that, I am happy as long as they send the stuff in a reasonable time and without gobs of packing tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had so many freebies destroyed by stupid packing tape. Respect cards!

      Delete
  4. Yep used to see freebies as extra packaging around what you purchased but was usually commons don't think ever received extra autos or numbered. Want to trade the Onauku? lol I might still have something Pirates you want. LMK

    ReplyDelete