The Legend

The Legend

Monday, April 24, 2017

Drink Eat Play

I spent this past weekend in the DC area to celebrate a close friends birthday.  DC is always a perfect getaway because it is only a 3 hour drive from my house and I have lots of options for free lodging. This trip came at the perfect time as I had been putting in a lot of hours at work recently and needed to disconnect from my normal day to day routines. From that stand point the trip was a rousing success. 


The big event of the weekend was a craft beer festival at Nationals park. This festival really catered to the local Virginia/Maryland beer scene.  It was a ton of fun getting to sample some up and coming breweries. 

The only disappointment was the rain but it was likely a blessing in disguise. Friends that attended the even last year told me it was much more crowded the year before.  I don't think I waited more than 5 minutes in a line all day.  It was going to take a lot more than rain to stop me from having a good time.  

.


My friends are big into scotch.  I have enough expensive hobbies, but it was fun to try. 


This is bar called Jack Rose and it was one of the biggest whiskey collections that you will ever see.  It has been featured a lot on TV and the Internet so it is very popular place.  While they have some crazy expensive/rare whiskey most of the items are priced reasonably.  



 I don't know a ton about whiskey so I usually play it safe and go with something from Ireland that isn't super rare.  Such was the case of Redbreast.


 One of my favorite places to visit in the DC area is Ocelot Brewing. The beer is awesome and the staff is very helpful.  They also have a big WVU connection as the head brewer is a grad.

Of course I bought a few bottles on site to take homes.  Two of the best beer names you will find.

Overall it was a great trip that completely centered around having a good time.  Back to cards tomorrow!

Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

  1. BABOU!!!!

    https://youtu.be/FwPaES_mP3E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious... what's in the eyedropper (4th picture)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water. While it is recommended to drink the whiskey straight they offer the water to drop in.

      Delete
    2. Oh I see. Can you tell that I'm only an amateur drinker?

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen this place featured on a tv show. The guys that went there said they felt like James Bond and that the liquid in the dropper was poison.

      Delete