The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Back to My Comfort Zone

1999 Fleer Skybox Premium Star Rubies Jason Kendall /50

After showing off the ugliest card ever I feel like my blog needed a cleanse.  I needed to show something that is more in my comfort zone.  Enter late 90's parallels! 

I've shown a few star rubies cards since I started blogging, but this is by far the biggest name. Kendall and Brian Giles were the faces of the franchise in the late 90's. He was such a unique talent being that he was a catcher who had above average speed. Plus you have to go all the way back to Kent Tekulve to find someone with as many cool cards as Jason Kendall.  This is probably in my top three all time Kendall cards.

I'm slowly forgetting that SP Signature Edition card from yesterday....


10 comments:

  1. It's hard for me not adding Kendall as a regular pc but I do keep a few of the great cards showing him in gear. this would be one of those. it's a true beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendall is made to PC. So many great cards and his stuff is dirt cheap.

      Delete
  2. Great looking card! Man, those late 90s/early 2000s parallels could get straight up RARE, so kudos for landing a card /50 like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I'm always thankful the Pirates don't have stars from this era. Giles and Kendall are it and they rarely go over $5.

      Delete
  3. Whoa. These are not easy to find. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Nice to get one of the bigger names for the Pirates.

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of early 90's parallels. Heck... I'm a fan of 90's parallels in general. The Star Rubies are beautiful! This is one heck of a card and Kendall was one heck of a player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Kendall was a unique player for sure. Always wondered what his career trajectory would have been had he not suffered a devastating leg injury.

      Delete
  6. If not for the leg injury he could have been a HOF type player. I think he is in top 5 for hits as a catcher if I remember correctly.

    Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete