The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Harpooned

2004 Fleer Greats of the Game Bill Mazeroski Auto

This past Thursday I received a great package from long time trade partner Jim, aka GCRL.  It was a dual headlining package featuring this beautiful Maz auto and a trio of local Minnesota beers.  I'll wait to post about the beers once I have consumed the last of the three.  

I knew this card was coming as Jim warned me as soon as I updated my white whale list. Still it doesn't take away from the excitement.  The Greats of the Game auto sets are some of the more desirable on the secondary market so they are not the easiest to secure.  Thanks to Jim I'm off to a nice start with the new white whales.  I'm soooooo excited to have this card.  

I'm already close to having another pile of cards for you my friend, so rest assured you will be getting a few heavy hitters.  Also, I'll secure some cool local beers for you and your coworkers to sample. Cheers my friend.

Thanks for reading.  


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, it is a beautiful card. So nice of Jim to send it my way.

      Delete
  2. Gotg and beers are two great tastes that go great together. glad it all got there ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one great looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always feels good to cross off a whale and pound a few beers. Wait... I don't like beer. So I'd just stick to crossing off the whale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you experimented with ciders and meads? You might like those.

      Delete