The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Blaster Magic

I'm in the midst of an epic daddy/daughter weekend as my wife is out of town.  I let her pick her own wardrobe, we eat fun lunches and took a trip to look at toys!  Dad planned out the toy trip as I had a hankering for cardboard.  Target it is!

My Target was stocked with all the newer releases so I decided on a blaster of GQ.



Word is on the interwebs that the GQ blasters are stocked this year.  I don't know if this is true or if I was extremely lucky, but I pulled a few rare cards.

 This is my first 1/1 out of a retail box.
The Fulmer auto and the 1/1 were pulled out of back to back packs.  This is a nice looking on card auto.  I also pulled a couple of parallels from the box but they are confusing as shit.  I think I went blind trying to look at the odds on the wrappers. 

Here are the other inserts...


Overall it was probably the best blaster I have ever opened.  I'll probably quit while I'm ahead on GQ this year and save my luck for something more my speed. 

Thanks for reading! 




30 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Great Tigers cards you lucky Pirate guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was due for something good to come from one of these. I bought a lot of blasters in 2013 and 2014 and pretty much gave them up after a long dry spell.

      Delete
  2. Wow, nice pulls! I'm amazed those came out of retail packs. (Note to self: buy more packs at Target)

    I've been putting together a trade stack for you. Nothing autographed or 1/1, but I think you'll be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, dude, you should have your daughter help you pick out everything you open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just blind luck and a little pre meditation to make sure toy shopping was at Target!

      Delete
  4. oh God, you are killing me!!! unreal! congrats! if you decide to sell JD or Fulmer, please reach out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the hand drawn art cards. They are slick looking. Congrats on the nice pulls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them too. Need to check and see if any Pirates are in the set.

      Delete
  6. Congrats! I too have heard that the blasters are loaded. Think I may need to try one out for myself.
    BTW, I love daddy/daughter days or weekends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we had fun this weekend. I think we both need long naps though....

      Delete
  7. I bought a blaster based on the same rumors. Mine did not live up to the hype. Congrats on having the magic touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bought into the same hype as well and my blaster did have anything special. Oh well, they all can't be winners

      Delete
  8. daaaaaaaaaaaaannggggggg.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It packed a full hobby box punch for sure.

      Delete
    2. I opened a couple of the three pack hanger packs today. I really like the design. Not a baseball guy but it does kinda make me want to work on the base set.

      Delete
    3. The base set minus the sp's wouldn't be too bad.

      Delete
  9. Oh dang... that was epic! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Smokes! JD is doing an autograph event by me if you want the info let me know. The place accepts mail orders and handles things very carefully with integrity in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably be sending these to one of my Tiger friends. I figure they will probably want the Martinez in its original form. I will pass the word about the signing though. That sounds awesome.

      Delete
  11. That is truly a remarkable blaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I chose that one. Normally I would have gone Donruss so I'm happy I made the choice I did.

      Delete
  12. Wow! Talk about some sweet luck! Congrats! May want to think about buying a lotto ticket after that blaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha....no lotto ticket. This was just the law of averages after a lot of bad boxes.

      Delete
  13. Insane pulls from a blaster. Excellent job Sir

    ReplyDelete