The Legend

The Legend

Monday, April 3, 2017

Opening Day Dud

The Pirates and Red Sox played a weird game today.  Both teams had one big inning, but the Red Sox got the bigger blow by hitting a homer in theirs which proved to be the difference.  Both starting pitchers were probably a little better than their stat lines will show as the game was moving at a vigorous pace until the fifth inning.  The Pirates will have their work cut out for them on Wednesday having to face Chris Sale.  I'm hoping our success against left handed pitching continues into this year!


I was happy to see Polanco do well for the Dominican Republic in the WBC.  It was cool to see him and Marte in the outfield together.  Of course I was a sucker for the Topps Now cards featuring any Bucco at the WBC. I nabbed a couple Cutch cards that I'm still waiting for.

Hope everyone is enjoying one of the best days of the year!

8 comments:

  1. Opening Day wasn't too bad for me. Sure the Padres were blown out by Kershaw and the Dodgers, but at least the A's beat the Angels on the day Rickey Henderson is honored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to do a different kind of rooting with the Padres. The development of all the young players will be huge.

      Delete
  2. I'm still hoping Panini does a WBC set. I like their work as of late and the fact they would able to use logos would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Panini's college sets so I think they could do a good job with a WBC set.

      Delete
  3. I got to see my beloved Brewers lose their #1 starter to an injury in the third inning and whiff three straight times with the tying and go-ahead runs on 2nd and 3rd. Ugly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Brew Crew had a tough start for sure. I saw the second game didn't go so well either. On the bright side I love how they are doing their rebuild. They got max value out of guys like Lucroy and Gomez.

      Delete
  4. My desk is very near one of our large screens which will show all the day games this year. I'm suppose to get some work done? Love it!

    ReplyDelete