The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Keith Osik Copies Jason Kendall


2000 Topps Stadium Club Keith Osik First Day Issue /150

Wait a second, that is not Jason Kendall.  As most of you know I love showing off Kendall cards because no one has as much variety as the former Bucco backstop. It was a pleasant surprise to find such a unique card of his backup Keith Osik.

Osik somehow managed to stay in the league for parts of 10 seasons.  His career WAR total was -0.9! Maybe it helped that Osik learned a bunch of positions as his career went on.

I've always liked the First Day Issue parallels from Stadium Club.  I'm actively looking to acquire the Al Martin version from the same set. If you find it, you will be rewarded with all the finest meats and cheeses in all the land.


6 comments:

  1. "I'll take 'Names I Remember Just Because of Where I Grew Up' for $1000, Alex."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I can throw out obscure Pirates with the best of them from this era.

      Delete
  2. never heard of Keith but certainly a great card from the years I didn't collect.

    ReplyDelete