The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

King of Queen

2017 Topps Gypsy Queen Tyler Glasnow Auto

I was at Target again the other day, but I decided to forgo the card isle this time around. Figured I better quit while ahead with Gypsy Queen after my incredibly lucky blaster last week. Instead I went on eBay looking to grab one of Tyler Glasnow's autos. 

For whatever reason base autos out of Gypsy Queen seem to sell much cheaper than sets like flagship and Heritage. I was able to get this rookie auto for less than ten bucks.  Not too shabby.  

I was shocked that Glasnow made the team out of spring training. He had already accomplished everything you could in the minors, but it just not the Pirates way of doing business. Service time is always an issue and just about everyone was thinking it would be June by the time he would be in Pittsburgh. 

If you don't know much about Glasnow he is one of those big time boom or bust prospects.  He is a big kid that throws really hard, but like most big guys he has command issues. Obviously him reaching his potential would do wonders for the Pirates postseason chances. You just have to expect meltdown outings like his first start on Monday where he couldn't get out of the 3rd inning. 

Yay for cheap on card autos!  

Thanks for reading. 

8 comments:

  1. Gypsy Queen autos look really good every year, to me it is what Diamond Kings might look like if it had a license. I think the highly filtered photos on GQ might put some people off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GQ sometimes had a tendency to over produce certain guys for their autos much like Stadium Club.

      Delete
  2. Love the restraint. Buy a blaster, or buy a card you want that you would have loved pulling from a blaster. Easy choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I usually get my pack fix by doing my breaks with Kevin and Brian.

      Delete
  3. Big fan of Gypsy Queen on-card autographs. I'm watching one right now... and I hope by the end of the weekend I will have added it to my collection. Keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really want to add a couple more Glasnow's because the prices are so cheap.

      Delete
  4. I love GQ this year. The autos are so nice. Can't help but believe you'd have picked another winning blaster box tho. I've never seen anyone with your luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had good blaster luck over the years. My hobby luck is not that good though

      Delete