The Legend

The Legend

Monday, April 17, 2017

Ed Sprague Will Break You




2000 Topps Stadium Club First Day Issue /100


What a cool picture.   It looks like Ed Sprague came off the top rope to destroy that poor catcher.


This marks the second day in a row showing off a first day issue parallel from Stadium Club. A seller that I frequently purchase from had a bunch of these go off on the same day.  Of course they didn't have the one I was specifically looking for off of my white whale list (Al Martin) but the Sprague is still super cool. 

On a different note I had a very close call with a package I sent to the Card Papoy in France. Normally I just throw the item directly into a mailbox, but for this latest package I threw it in my work mail.  Well, I don't think the package made it out of Morgantown. It was returned to me in about a week with the envelope badly damaged from what looked to be water.  Thankfully the contents were fine as the cards were in team bags and padded envelopes.  The envelopes were then put into one big shipping envelope.  My guess is the water damage faded the shipping address to the point where it wasn't legible and only my return address was able to be read.  The good thing is I print my own postage so I think I should be able to get a refund by using the reprint option since the postage was never scanned in the local post office. 

So for those who have sent me cards to send to France, they are fine and will hit the mail again this week....hopefully with better results.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter.  

Thanks for reading. 






12 comments:

  1. That is an awesome card! Great set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card. The Chrome aspect really makes it look different. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are fun parallels and sell pretty cheap.

      Delete
  3. Ahh Good Ol' E5...
    Had one of the bigger Homers in Jays history..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a play at the plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah, Ed Sprague....And I need to stop jumping on the mailman everyday asking him where my cards are, then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you can still yell at him if you want....but he won't have your package probably until late next week.

      Delete
  6. That just looks like straight up assault!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While collisions made great cards it is probably good they got them out of the game.

      Delete