The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, August 27, 2017

I Can See Clearly Now

I'm a big fan of clear/acetate cards so when I saw the preview of Topps Clearly Authentic I knew I would chase down the Pirates. Thankfully nothing crazy was on the checklist Pirate wise (Taillon and Glasnow) so tracking them down will/has been easy.  Last week I was able to add the Taillon for around $6.

 2017 Clearly Authentic Jameson Taillon Auto

This is a product I would never open, but if you like acetate cards you should take a look at the checklist.  Lots of lower end autos in the set that can be had for less than $10.  When I purchased this Taillon I noticed the seller had a lot of autos from this set on auction.  I tried for a handful of different ones that would have made great trade bait, but only came away with one additional card....


Hopefully Ptown Tom hasn't picked this one up.  Either way since he is super collecting I don't think he'll mind having a second one.

Thanks for reading!


12 comments:

  1. I see through your plan, I will not dare... *looks on eBay for cool acetate autos*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if anyone you collect is on the checklist....

      Delete
  2. I've actually snagged that one already... but yeah, another would be pretty sweet!
    I've also picked up the green parallel (#/99) and the blue parallel (#/25). Each were only a couple of bucks more than what you paid for the Taillon. Yeah, I can't imagine coughing up $50-$60 for a box which holds only one card... and then finding out your card will only bring back a tenth of what you sunk into the box. Ouch!
    It's a buyer's market for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could spend $15 and have both Pirates. The idea of opening a box of this stuff makes me cringe.

      Delete
  3. I like the concept of the set a lot more than the execution. I would have preferred if every player's signed card was an acetate of their rookie card. Some players have that. Others don't. If Taillon and Glasnow had their 2016 cards printed on acetate stock with on card autographs it would be more appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, no Jays... So the only ones I'd get are the Canadians and semi-Canadians..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Topps Clearly a product? I've seen a bunch of these autographs on eBay and absolutely love them. Lol. Sadly I just put myself on a strict budget so I won't be adding any of them to my collection. But they sure are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its called Clearly Authentic. Like Tom mentioned above you can find autos super cheap so even on a strict budget you can still try out the set if you so desire.

      Delete
  6. I have loved the look of these, although think the older designs look better than 2017...at least from image I've seen. I'm a sucker for clearcuts though, so hope to snag some of these eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have $8485453583034354 you can buy some Judge cards

      Delete