The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Party Planning Committee


This weekend is homecoming for WVU and my wife and I throwing a big Oktoberfest themed party. We are expecting around 45 guests and have several friends staying with us all weekend.  It is something I look forward to every football season. 

With the Oktoberfest theme you have to have good beer!

This year I took it upon myself to see how many Oktoberfest beers I could accumulate. Right now I'm sitting right around 30 with several of my out of town friends contributing to the pile tomorrow. Perhaps I'll go on a drunken Bob Walk eBay purchasing bender.

Need some good food too.

I found an online German deli to help me accumulate some unique sausages. I've been on a diet for the last couple of months which I will undoubtedly destroy over the weekend.  Well worth it.

My wife is the big hero of the party as she takes it upon herself to make all the other dishes from scratch. Homemade potato salad, sauerkraut, beer dip and desserts just to name a few.

If you are in the area feel free to stop by.  Probably a good weekend to really fleece me on a trade.

Prost!

6 comments:

  1. I will offer you a Redus for all your Kenton Tekulves. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally love reading your WVU posts, and this sounds like one heckuva party...but as a Texas Tech alum (and current student...again), I have to shout proudly: Wreck 'Em Tech! (Though I am hoping for a good game!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a ton of sausage fun ! (yeah, that sentence sounds weird, I know)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping it would be an Office reference. Perhaps next you'll start a Finer Things Club?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you party animals have a wonderful time :).

    ReplyDelete