The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Fire Walker

P-town Tom may have just completed the fastest turnaround for a trade in blogging history.  Last week I hit him with a Vogelbach auto and about 2 minutes later I had a return package. I thought it could have been a coincidence, but he reused the note I had sent him.  Well done Tom!

 What made this trade even weirder is that I've been talking about Topps Fire on here with a few people saying that I've been interested in buying a blaster at Target.  Well Tom (who could possibly be some type of wizard) read my mind and sent me the most desirable Pirate.

While hard to give a review based on just one card, I will give Topps credit for doing something different. Being a fan of 90's cardboard I found this card reminiscent of the crazy inserts of the time. My buddy GCRL told me he bought some and the collation was poor so that may prevent me from going out and spending money on it. Looks like I'll just rely on the generosity of some of my trading buddies.


The main event in the magical trade package was this Topps Super Luke Walker.  I recently mentioned this card a few months back in that it seems like it should have a good back story.  Either way it is absolute great card.  What are you looking at Luke?!!!

Thank you for the great cards Tom.

6 comments:

  1. P-Town Tom is a wizard. I have documentary evidence (that actually, shit, just disappeared as I was writing this).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Topps Fire... Topps Only-Available-at-Target Fire..
    Only Available at a Store than Ran Away from Canada..
    Ah well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure someone will save you some Blue Jays from it. I know Ptown Tom below opened a good bit.

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked the cards. I only wish I had pulled more Pirates from my packs of Topps Fire for you. GCRL is right... the collation was not the best, but neither is my cardboard luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, it is tough if you open a blaster and get multiples of one card.

      Delete