The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Diamond Cuts

I'm starting to get excited.  After a mishap by Dell, my new computer should be arriving Friday or Saturday. While I've been surviving with phone scanner apps and my laptop, I miss BWTP headquarters. I've been holding back some of the bigger trade packages I've received for my big scanner.  Looking forward to catching up.

Some new cards!

I've been picking up quite a few new cards lately, but they have been mostly WVU.  I may show them off at some point, but lets show my recent Bucco purchases. 

 2005 Diamond Kings Aramis Ramirez Auto/Bat/Jersey /100
2005 Diamond Kings Aramis Ramirez Auto/Bat /100

I'm a huge sucker for Diamond Kings as many of you know.  It was a rare Pirate heavy checklist with some hidden gems.  One of the bigger names in the set was Aramis Ramirez.  I'm pumped to add these two autos to the collection. Yeah, I know they are stickers....I'm just not as caught up on that as some. 

The purchase actually included one more card, but it was 1/1!!! I'll show it in the next few days. 

Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Steve Finley has a card from that set too that looks really nice.

    I actually think Donruss/Leaf did a really good job of making sticker autographs presentable on cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Plus I'm willing to look the other way because of the great checklists. So many Craig Wilson autos!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen those. Cool looking set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the Yankees checklist is awesome. Maybe a Ruben Sierra card exists!

      Delete
  3. Nice! Love me some Diamond Kings and I'm actually a fan of those shiny stickers if you're gonna have that type of autograph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many cards from this set. One of my all time favorites.

      Delete
  4. nice cards! I should investigate these DK years from my collecting hiatus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man....It is a great set. Canvas/portrait cards with a cool checklist and plenty of variations to chase.

      Delete
  5. It's always exciting to get a new computer. Kinda like getting a new toy. Lol. I'm one of those with sticker hangups. Didn't bother me years ago, but the past few years I've definitely cut back on my sticker purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely look past stickers with guys that don't get much auto love. On card is the way to go with guys like Cole, Marte and Polanco since they are in every set.

      Delete